pond re-do

Reaction score
Country
United States
Took out the original preform which was approx. 165 gallons and dug a bit deeper and put a new liner in. Its not done yet but this is where we're at. Fish have more like 450 gallons now.

Attachments

• 20130818_174123.jpg
    20130818_174123.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 211

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
heres the picture in the right direction, and slightly cropped.
20130818_174123.jpg
looks good! one question tho... why so much liner showing around top?

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you for fixing that for me. Maybe uploading from my phone had something to do with it showing up sideways?

The picture was taken the same day we put water in and moved the fish back from the trough. We still were making adjustments and fiddling with stuff so we stopped the water at a lower level then we would normally.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
betta, if you haven't cut your extra liner yet don't! It seems like you have the same disease that most of have...."gottahaveabiggerpond" disease.

Just bury your liner and when you want the pond to grow a little just dig a little around it and pull your rocks back to make a bigger circumference!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know I decided to go deeper and was glad i folded over all that extra liner .I thought about cold but did not think about hot weather here . :cheerful:

Reaction score
Country
United States
There isn't a whole lot of room in the area where the pond is located. It's pretty much snug to the back of my house (with just enough room to walk around) and the fence that divides my yard from the neighbors (the white fence you see around the pond was put in to keep my dogs from getting into the pond) so I *doubt* we will be digging any bigger. Atleast not in this location ;)

Reaction score
Ohhhh there is ALWAYS a way to make it bigger :LOL: As Keith has said, you can always go deeper. I did this by adding on to the sides of the existing rubber liner and digging it from 3 ft to 5 ft deep :) You know really it doesn't look that deep.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, I originally wanted a frog spitter but when I saw the koi I really liked it and had to have it.

By building up do you mean by adding something like a water trough?

Ask a Question