Pond tour next two weekends

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If any of you live close to Chicago you may want to consider joining the pond tour. I go every year and have seen some really great ponds. The pond owners are very friendly and are happy to discuss their ponds with everyone. If you buy a book it has a map and entitles you to visit all the ponds with your friends or family. http://www.mpks.org/...r/pond_tour.htm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I posted some more pics of the ponds on my thread in photography labeled "my goldfish pond". This was the second weekend I went and so far saw 11 of the 67 ponds on display. This is one of the pics.

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 363

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Comet I didn't see where they give any description of the pond on the link. Would be nice if they gave you a brief description of the pond, ie waterfall etc so if one was interested in doing a waterfall they could check out just those ponds or by size. Would like to check them out but not close to chicago...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Tmann, There are descriptions of everyone's pond in the book they print. I guess because I am not the actual pond owner and just a guest invited to view it that I am not sure what the owners would think if everything went online about their ponds without their permission so I haven't added too much detail. The one that you are asking about is in it's 16th season and is 5.5 ft deep and is 4400 gallons. It has three small waterfalls and two streams. It also has a 550 gallon bog that is home to aquatic plants, tadpoles, and frogs. I liked that it was deep enough for the fish to swim down. Some of the ponds you see are quite shallow and it is a different experience watching the Koi swim when there is more room for them. See picture of this pond in reply below.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey thanks for posting that link Keith so we can take a look at the ponds :razz:

Ask a Question