pond update August 13 2010

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
good choice!! any of the designs in the DIY section shouild be alright. but i like the stocktank design for pond side waterfall building....lower profile, larger volume. now i have both a 55 gal barrel filter (basement pond) and a stocktank filter(outside) both perform great...but hiding a 55 gal barrel would locate it along ways from the pond, and then theres under ground plumbing to worry about. and at pondside it would create a waterfall disproportionately high to my ponds size.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol drdave............just what my honey said when he bought me the kubota.......keep me outa trouble, will be too busy using it. He was so right!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
wow...heavy machinery ..no doubt, it's what every girl wants! question..was that for your birthday, christmas, or anniversary? and if it was anniversary,what year anniversary is farm equipment?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
wow...heavy machinery ..no doubt, it's what every girl wants! question..was that for your birthday, christmas, or anniversary? and if it was anniversary,what year anniversary is farm equipment?

LOL our first year anniversary pressie! It sure works great, front end loader and backhoe, without the pond would still be in my mind rather than in the ground.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Yeah... Its gotta be a nice thing to have....especially with property. What did you get for your second anniversary?..a semi?...lol..

Reaction score
Hello koiguy1969,
Great looking clear water you have there. I would like to build a filter using scrub pads etc, especially more so now having heard what you've said about your experience with this set up. I was wondering if the filter you have is in the diy section, I'm new to the pond hobby and am not to familiar with all the lingo yet, so if there is a link to a proven diy filter like yours it would be appreciated.
Thanks, James

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
Yeah... Its gotta be a nice thing to have....especially with property. What did you get for your second anniversary?..a semi?...lol..

laughing , we have not gotten to the second one yet. I will suggest a semi though!

Ask a Question