Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
-
i think this is the explanation of it , an example how taking avg bluntly will effect the actual volume in some cases . here just by 2 inch area which is 2ft , its changing width of 100 ft which is over 20ft as its not taken in to consideration , what percentage of the total is 2ft width ie less then 1% of total but still we are trimming the 99% from the total

now if u remove this 2 inch or separate these 2 rounded squares , the width will reach 22 ft just by removing 2 inch and volume wil have drastic difference which is not logical .View attachment 99282

I would immediately view this as two (2) ponds connected by a 2 foot wide passage, not as one pond.
In all fairness, I admit that the use of geometrical figures such as rectangles, circles, Rhombus, trapezoids, etc. are used by some to determine area or volume of a pond. This method usually requires the taking of more measurements and more mathematical computations than the averaging method but is not any more accurate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Ha-ha Everyone! Now I can foresee yet another dilemma as firstly there's an important factor we will all need to know.......the size of the pin head in question! How do we measure that just from a picture? I'm sure there will be several formulas flying round the forum!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ha-ha Everyone! Now I can foresee yet another dilemma as firstly there's an important factor we will all need to know.......the size of the pin head in question! How do we measure that just from a picture? I'm sure there will be several formulas flying round the forum!

Not to mention the ambient temperature, elevation and barometric pressure.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
IMG_9234.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
he must b thinking did i entered a math forum or fish forum? how will i decode simplify these answers

Last edited:

Ask a Question