Pond woes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Would have thought three days would do it at even the most loafy slacker pace you can muster, picky at shaping and levelling edges...

Not sure why you are moving the water, all you need is a sample of a mature ponds water to colonise with beneficial aquatic flora.

What do you suppose limited the last position, was something iffy getting into the pond?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would have thought three days would do it at even the most loafy slacker pace you can muster, picky at shaping and levelling edges...

Not sure why you are moving the water, all you need is a sample of a mature ponds water to colonise with beneficial aquatic flora.

What do you suppose limited the last position, was something iffy getting into the pond?
I think the problem was the almost 100% shade. There are plants there but no insects that I could see after doing 3 separate sweeps with a net. There used to be dragonfly nymphs etc before - I could almost cry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The difference the sun would make, on a nice day critters would bask in the sun, in a shady place you don't notice that activity, when you want to go peek....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The difference the sun would make, on a nice day critters would bask in the sun, in a shady place you don't notice that activity, when you want to go peek....
True but when I put the net in I found nothing, I will double check before I do the work.

Ask a Question