Ponding in Reading, PA

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself to the forum. I'm currently working on my 3rd pond and this one by far is the biggest. I'll post some pics of my first two and then will create a showcase of the current one.

I did A LOT of reading and watching videos for this pond design. Found some great stuff on youtube done by Eric Triplett a.k.a "The Pond Digger".

I work for Case-NewHolland as a Mechanical Designer and enjoy working outside as I am stuck in a cube all day in a virtural 3D world! My daughter's (15 and 9) love helping me work on the pond. My girlfriend has wanted on for years but was never able to get one installed. That changed this spring when we got together. All I had to hear was ..."pond"... and my mind was racing with ideas!

I have been asked by 2 neighbors to help them in the spring of 2012 with thier ponding ideas.

Happy ponding everyone!

Todd Becker

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
animated-welcome-jumping-kid-2.gif

Welcome, looking forward to your pond pictures

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Welcome Todd!! I know all to well about being stuck in a 3D modeling world, I am a mechanical/project engineer in the aeronautical industry.... it sure does feel good to sit beside the pond at the end of the day, and have a couple of drinks and try to forget what i do for a living. lol

Look forward to seeing some pictures.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
trainwelcome.gif
Todd
Pond pix, pond pix............we love to see them! Neat that your whole family is involved w/ your pond :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome Todd and great you are thinking ahead and sure it is going to look great and hope you post tons of pics on your build

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hooray for you and at least it's later there where you are cuz if you were here you'd have to wait another 3 hours,lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
saw your pics and great you are putting it out front where all your guest can enjoy it when they visit you ,nice welcoming .How big and how deep is your pond .In PA my cousin Freddy went 4 feet deep but this spring he decided to redo one side and make it over 5 feet and he lives in Berwick PA ,he said after last winter and all the flooding rain he had no choice .He is up on a slight hill so saved his house from flooding .He was upset because they cancelled the Bloomsburg fair for the 1st time in over 150 some years though

Reaction score
Thanks, Sissy. I live out near Reading, PA and we too had a TON of rain this year.

My pond is about 7' at the widest part and almost 16' long. The depth varies from 30" to 24".

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to go to Reading with my parents when I was a kid to visit my aunt and uncle

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
tbeck I saw you showcase photo's and that is the perfect spot for your pond. Looks like it's getting closer and closer towards being filled! I have mine out in front of my front porch also. I decided to put a short fence around mine to keep critters out and also to stop someone from wandering right in there. Would not want friends, family or the U.P.S guy falling in one day............ or a wandering drunk, lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
With all the rocks in his driveway hope he can feel his arms after he is done LOL

Ask a Question