Ponding in Reading, PA

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
tbeck I saw you showcase photo's and that is the perfect spot for your pond. Looks like it's getting closer and closer towards being filled! I have mine out in front of my front porch also. I decided to put a short fence around mine to keep critters out and also to stop someone from wandering right in there. Would not want friends, family or the U.P.S guy falling in one day............ or a wandering drunk, lol!
Don't let JW fool you, she has the fence there to keep her from falling in......lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes that does help also but like I said it's mostly for critters..........................LIKE Tmann,lol!
Trick or Treat................SPLASH..............there goes Tmann and all his dandy, candy............hardy,har,har!
zombie01w.gif
+
pondfountain.gif
=
pig6.gif

Reaction score
Well, I got the pond rocked in last night. Now I need to finish the waterfalls and cut-in the skimmer. The pics in the showcase were taken last night while I was working by my temp lighting.

More to come!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great job and can see that the sun going down earlier is no help .Well all you can do is chug along and hope you can get it done and hope you are not getting all the rain we are right now .We have been getting heavy rain since yesterday .Not complaining we need it bad here .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks really nice and like you put in a lot of hard back breaking work tbeck. I like the look of the rock on just the sides like that. Looking for some sunshine this afternoon here and supposed to be nice tomorrow all day.............yay!

Reaction score
Take a look at my showcase for updated pics!!! Just need my 2nd waterfall pump!

Attachments

• newpond.jpg
    newpond.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 197

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
tbeck,
How many gph is your pump? Did you consider splitting the output to feed both your falls? It may reduce your falls flow too much. Instead of adding another pump it might be cheaper on your electric bill long term to just get one larger pump and feed both falls, but you may not be able to return your pump you have now so that may not make much sense financially for you. Just some thoughts.

Your pond looks great with all the landscaping complete. Nice job!

Reaction score
My pump is 3170gph. I did a dry run of the falls and wasn't happy with it. My skimmer is a Atlantic Watergardens PS4000 so I don't think I will be able to upgrade to a much bigger pump. I do have a 2" flex piece of PCV tube running from the skimmer to the falls.

I am planning on putting the 2nd pump on a timer to only run at certain times.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh that looks really good ,but one thing when you get a heavy storm watch out for gutter overflow .I had to put up the bigger gutters and downspouts .I bet your wife is happy with how good it looks and I'm sure your going to get tons of comments from halloweeners .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful job, that looks great. You need one of those smoke machines have a fog over your pond for halloween.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh thats a great idea addy it would really make for great halloween .Put pumpkins around the pond with those led candle light thing you buy at the dollar store .

Ask a Question