j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've got mine churning in my floating plant ring w/ the turtle spitting in on it. I'll see if it does good for me and grows nice and big like yours does Colleen. Maybe the smaller goldfish that sneak through the bigger round holes I added in the screen won't eat it all up.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hornwort will also grow off the bottom even if it is covered in guck. It just will grow faster if it churns cause then the hornwort can free itself loose of the guck faster. I LOVE my hornwort, it really is growing good now even though the water is still under 50 degrees.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think you need to do it in barefeet, socks or very soft souled shoes. I need to make more cobblestone paths all around our property. It may do my feet good but oh my aching back making them :eek:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
or do it in my "toe" shoes, you can feel the rocks then! I love the cobbling, it pleases me to gaze in it and I think it is good for the whole body!! Poppy likes to lay on the cobble too, and my sister says the cobbled stones have "energy"!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Was out and about working in front yard, cleaning the flower beds and their is ice still under the leaves in some areas. The ponds are looking good and the yellow flag is growing very well. Tomorrow my Marsh Marigold should bloom and some of my Daffodils next to the ponds should bloom too. The area in the back where the ponds are gets morning and afternoon sun, so it is further ahead than the still cold and lifeless front yard.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have some kind of cold/flu, everybody at work seems to have it too. I think I am getting better but still feel kinda crappy in the chest. Last night I was out cleaning more leaves out of the front yard flower beds. Flower bulbs should be comming up soon, but have not seen any out front yet. I see the lilac bushes are just starting to bud now, things are slow this year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it's down here too. My neighbors have it and she is on antibiotics as hers took a turn for the worst. Mine always goes to my chest whenever I get a cold. Get rest and fluids and if you don't work too hard you will get better quicker :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks JW, I am getting better, have not had a cold flu like that in years, so I guess I was due one. When ever I get a flu cold, my asthma acts up and then I appear even sicker than I should be.

Yesterday I was wondering if the big koi are eating the rotten stinking sticky crab apples that fall in the pond, cause I am not seeing any of them in the pond now that the koi are eating up a storm. The koi have gobbled all the winter algae and the Horn wort has almost disappeared for now. I have tons of apples that fell all around the pond, but mysteriously the little crab apples are no where to be found anymore in the pond! I have also long suspected for years that the koi eat the Goose berries and the black Choke Cherries too that fall into the pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope they don't get a tummy ache :oops:

Glad you are feeling better Colleen :)

:LOL: Yes I agree sometimes we need to take things into our own hands and toss the man to the curb. But good news here..............mine is building me a windmill right now. I thought he tossed my request out the window but he brought me a roundy looking piece attached to a thingamabob yesterday and asked me what I though of it. I hadn't a clue on what it was. Well it was the spinning part of the windmill. Then he brought me a blade and showed me how it would sit on there. It's going to be awhile before he gets it all figured out and done so I will wait patiently and happily :love:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The big crab apple tree has been there for longer than I have had the ponds, so fish are used to eating the rotten crab apples, so I don't think they will get a gut ache or anything, matter of fact I think we all should maybe eat the fermented crap apples, cause the wild birds, deer and butteries come every spring to eat the old apples, maybe they are really good for you to eat, but I can't bring myself to try one... I think no body eats them in the fall cause they are hard nasty sour things, then come spring, they turn to natural fermented "ice wine" inside and are all soft, sun tanned, and mushy. The birds are singing and the sun is shinning bright, what more could I ask for! :):):)

Ask a Question