Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sadly I may have infected dear Hubby with flu too, although he does not look very sick so maybe he won't get it as bad as me, cause he is well rested.... On the COUCH!! Ops, not that I am complaining or anything, he he he :love:

His face is healing well too since the surgery to correct face last week, and he is outside planting some strange wild weed he found growing at the river again...
We had a nice day at the park, I got today off so not complaining at all, happy to be home resting up for the big fence project I have planned for this weekend.

Meanwhile the fish were "lurking" about looking for things to fit into their mouths, and I was enjoying a nice sunny day off with coffee by the pond!!
IMAG0315.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg
IMAG0296.jpg
IMAG0243.jpg
IMAG0288.jpg
IMAG0235.jpg
IMAG0298.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I know they don't sound yummy, cause they are rotten and squishy, but the birds peck at them every day and get drunk, the deer eat what ever I throw over the fence for them, and the butterfles love them too. Then yesterday I caught Fat Poppy licking at a extra mushy one beside the pond too! If Poppy ate one they must be good, they even have a sweet smell!

Hubby is sick now with my plague, and I need to make hot pot of coffee cause it is early here in the morning. The outside temperture is close to freezing too. I want to plant stuff in the ground but it is still too risky and could freeze still.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hubby has another week off to recover, and he is resting and watching TV, laughing at Maury, all the women trying to find fathers to their babies. THe sun is so nice and hot today, I want to plant stuff in the ground, but worried they might freeze still. got to get back out by the pond and do more work. Now that I am feeling better I have the need to do stuff again.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Why are men obsessed with that show? He just loves it, now it is sick on couch with this really bad flu that I had and watching Jerry Springer, another of his favorite shows. Poor guy usually is at work all the time, but he has the rest of the week off due to his plastic surgery. I joked we should dye his hair and give him a full makeover before he goes back to work next week! ha ha ha, like that will ever happen!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Outside and Wide Awake in the Middle of the Night... light misty rain was falling from the dark skies and it was about 60 degrees a short while ago. The big pond fish were moving fast together in the Aquatic Mint. I snapped some late night photos and had a small fire burning low.
I swear the big yellow flag grew again in the middle of the night, cause now it is a foot tall!
IMAG0359.jpg
IMAG0356.jpg
IMAG0353.jpg
IMAG0339.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix and I see you are brave now and have moved some of your greenhouse plants out into the pond area. They look nice there :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, it is supposed to rain for days and days and days and days.... Of course that would be my days off too! Plants need a good rain washing after being inside greenhouse all winter, so this will be good. They are the tough plants and a little cold weather will not hurt them. Have not put out the new seedlings cause they are not so tough yet like the old succulents as they can take lots of cold. It ahould not freeze and the rain will wash spider mites away nice.

Ask a Question