j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it works fine now and your pond is looking beautiful as usual and fish so fat and pretty. Love your new fence. I just started feeding my goldfish 2 days ago w/ the Spring/fall wheat germ food. They are happy campers now and maybe they will leave my Honrwort alone a bit so it can grow big an lush. Is that big huge dark fish the half koi/goldfish cuz it is humongous!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
IMAG0603.jpg
I just got fresh moss from the greenhouse and stuck it in the cracks of the rocks along the outside edge of ponds....

Attachments

• IMAG0648.jpg
    IMAG0648.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0621.jpg
    IMAG0621.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG0601.jpg
    IMAG0601.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAG0643.jpg
    IMAG0643.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0605.jpg
    IMAG0605.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 164

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
View attachment 69868
IMAG0672.jpg
IMAG0675.jpg
IMAG0655.jpg
IMAG0659.jpg
If I spray the moss every day with water, then it will look good longer. The winter seems to flatten it bad, and it only looks good for a season, but it is one bag of fresh moss, light and easy to carry home, not like hauling tons of wood chips for the path, like I used too, cause the path is cobbled and does no need wood chips. I love the moss, but JW, the moss would REALLY love your place!!!
Tonight, sitting really close to a hot fire by the pond, with a glass of red wine, with all my underwater pond lights on too! am all one by the fire by the pond, just typing on my tablet to you my garden Pond Friends!! Life is good, and I love this Forum!! :love::love::barefoot:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
So here I sit, by the fire, and it is very late at night. The temperture is 8 Celsius, or 47 Fahrenheit. Red wine is going down good beside roaring hot fire. Why must I sit here outside all alone, even the dogs are in the house cause they sense rain!! My quickie pop up shelter will keep me dry when the rains come tomorrow. I had bought a fancy 165 dollar very large umbrella after work, and set it up, but then I broke it cause the unbrella was too large for the stand and I kept adjusting it, cause big unbrella would not stand right, it was a dumb design, I was over excited and may have been a little "rough"... then all of a sudden something went "SnAP!" I had broke the dumb oversized over priced unbrella, and man did I ever pack that thing back up super duper quick, and ran to returned it fast like "lighting" and got my hard earned money back QuiCK!!
Did I also mention I got off paying for a "hundred dollar parking ticket today!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:o_O:woot::D:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Glad you got your money back on your umbrella. Would love to put one up to sit under by the pond here but much too windy! You got out of a $100 ticket?
Good for you!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
IMAG0687.jpg
IMAG0692.jpg
Yes, I was very lucky indeed! Worked very hard yesterday at work and then dragged that oversized unbrella home only to go threw all that work and set it up and then it broke. Very glad I got my money back for that piece of junk! So now I am using the old little unbrella, and have it pushed into the one corner of fence, and secured there to fence with additional large piece of plastic over top to keep rain off my back while I sit by fire! Oh the things we do to sit outside by pond all night long!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That moss does not need to be hauled here at all. It grows all over here and no need to mist it for sure! Moss and ferns just appear by my pond like magic! You need to build yourself a nice frame of some sort so you can attach some waterproof cover easy off and on. You are a handy dandy builder so you could do it..............I know you could. Although the plastic you have there now works just fine so who cares especially after a few tips of the vino :singing:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The plastic over the red unbrella will be fine for now, seeing how I am still doing construction on fence and need to get some more heavy blocks for here and there. Once have finished the fence, I will look for a new bug free zone and get it next pay day. This is good for now as I am so busy with every corner in the yard these days.... so much to do after work, life is hard work, by the time I get a chance to lay down for sleep, I am out light a light! Hard work and fresh air make you sleep like a baby.

JW you are lucky to have a nice wooded mossy landscape, here in Sunny Medicine Hat, we pay lots for a big bag of moss, like 30 dollars a bag!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Dispite my best efforts to hack and slash large parts of the yellow flag away last month, I have failed and now the big yellow flag is secretly plotting to take over the middle pond!!!
Look, it grew again and looks like it is exploding!!
IMAG0961.jpg
IMAG0948.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
One could wander the paths around your pond and never get bored all day long Colleen. I see why you love it out there and live out there night and day. It's more fun then an amusement park

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ha ha ha! Me and the hubby are outside sitting by the fire tonight, Fire is burning bright, it is a very nice night and the moon should be out bright, but I can't see it yet... may be over behind the hill. Night lights are on and hubby is petting Bear and talking to him softly...
IMAG1028.jpg
IMAG1050.jpg
IMAG1041.jpg
IMAG1031.jpg
IMAG1039.jpg
IMAG1032.jpg
IMAG1045.jpg
IMAG1026.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question