j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wish I had the energy to get out there and make more cobble stone paths. I look at the big area I want to do on the other side of the pond and then I sit and say oh it looks just fine the way it is,lol! I could just do it little by little but I get in that zone mode where I need to finish it right now and I don't eat or anything................I just go till I crash and burn! Then I suffer and walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Even the Curcumin I take can't deal w/ some of the huge things I take on till they are done.
Enjoy looking at all that you do to your property and pond Colleen :)

Reaction score
Sit back, relax, get a glass of wine or a coffee, maybe some popcorn too. Take A Tour threw my yard today!!
I love your little pond, is it the typical Peanut looking pond? I have one to put somewhere but don't really know what to do with it yet. How deep is it and do fish winter over in it?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Oh and that little front yard pond is only about One and a half feet deep, Lisaebetten.

Today I have a handy trick to share with all of you. If you have a favorite pond Spitter that is clogged, this is a great way to keep them clear and running good...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for the idea Colleen. Mine always gets plugged at the pump end at the pre-filter and have to always take off the pre-filter clean that off and then dig out a bit in the pump intake.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
colleen you mentioned peat and I have had several people ask me about the garden center peat in the big bags .They wanted to know if the could use that and make an extract or use it in a fine bag .I can't find any info on it online

Reaction score
Love all of your flowering plants. I wish I could have them around my yard and pond. I have so many deer here that they eat everything. I have a doe that when I feed my outdoor cats I have to stand on the deck with a hose to fend her off from eating their food and she shows up every night.:(

Last edited:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You need a big fence to keep them out mtpond. I get lots of deer in the front yard, but they go mostly for the plum trees and Crap Apple trees. I think if you have flowering apple trees then that distracts them, although they have still on occasion, eaten the odd rose or flower. I think the fruit trees are my flowers "saving Grace".

Today in Canada ...

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
colleen you mentioned peat and I have had several people ask me about the garden center peat in the big bags .They wanted to know if the could use that and make an extract or use it in a fine bag .I can't find any info on it online
Laguna sells Liquid Pond Peat, and that is very concentrated for a quicker effect. Bags of pond peat are also good, but they take longer to see the effects.

http://www.petsandponds.com/en/ponds-and-supplies/c210760/p17255339.html

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hagen-Laguna...er-Garden-FIGHT-FUNGUS-LOWER-ph-/350678947093

http://www.lagunaponds.com/en_ca/water-care/natural-water-treatments/

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thunder lightening here but not a drop of rain and same thing last night but no rain .Just heat and humidity .Weather is getting to weird

Ask a Question