j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
  • I buy this cat food for my cats and it is grain free. I should see if my fish like it.
  • Canyon River Feline� Formula
    A grain-free formula with sweet potatoes provides highly digestible energy for your active cat. Made with trout and wood-smoked salmon, this formula offers great taste and quality fish protein. For today�s healthy cat, this formula is supplemented with fruits and vegetables, providing natural antioxidants to support a healthy immune system and overall good health. Your cat craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Protein: 32% Minimum, Fat: 16% Minimum
    Calcium: 1.6%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.10%, as-fed
    Calories: 3,741 kcal/kg (350 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
    Available in 5lb and 15lb bags.

• Rocky Mountain Feline� Formula
    A grain-free formula for all life stages with peas and sweet potatoes provides highly digestible energy for your active cat. Made with real roasted venison and smoked salmon, this formula offers a taste sensation like no other. For today's healthy cat, this formula is supplemented with fruits and vegetables, providing natural antioxidants to support a healthy immune system and overall good health. Your cat craves a taste of the wild. Go ahead and give him one.

Protein: 42% Minimum, Fat: 18% Minimum
    Calcium: 1.9%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.2%, as-fed
    Calories: 3,745 kcal/kg (390 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy
    Available in 5lb and 15lb bags.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I always stress that you buy local made products, cause fish food is like potato chips!!! Here is why; in town here the fastest selling potato chips is Lay's Potato chips!! They sell way way faster than Old Dutch here in town. Why??? Cause they are WAY WAY fresher here cause the factory where they are made is just about one hour away, in Taber Alberta. I work at the Superstore, and I see the Lay's brand of potato chips are almost alway's sold out a the end of the day and it is hard to find them some days after 6 pm. People can taste the difference of very fresh potato chips. They are priced about the same and people here just know they taste better. I alway's knew they tasted fresher, but after I asked they guy that stocks the Lays, he told me that they are way fresher cause they are made right down the road. Well fish food and dog food is the same, always try to buy local if you can find it cause chances are it does not sit in the back of a hot truck, travel for hundreds of miles and sit in some werehouse for months!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
IMAG0687.jpg
IMAG3153.jpg
IMAG0485.jpg
IMAG3507.jpg
IMAG1269.jpg
IMAG3591.jpg
Here are some pictures to show the "Before" in case you forgot what it looked like, even I was shocked at the big difference I have made in the last year or so....

Need to trim that big yellow flag now on the one side where it is hanging over the middle pond too much...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I noticed right away............look at the first photo and then the last............wow you have come a long way baby to get where you got to today..................ha that is part of a an old ciggy commercial from long ago but it fit your case :whistle:
Your yellow flag looks so different then mine. Maybe cuz yours in is a big bunch. See how yours flows over and mine stands straight up w/ no flow over. I like the flow over best.
IMG_5761.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah so yours is in shade. Mine doesn't get any taller, only about 3ft. I need to take the ones out stuck in between the rocks. Don't like them shoving rocks out. Took some out already but got lazy w/ the rest.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It gets about 6 to 8 hours of full sun, but not too much late afternoon sun. I think the reason it is so tall is because it is also a very large clump, and the individual blades are trying to outreach each other for sun as well, cause it does get sun in the morning and early afternoon. I really am not sure why my yellow flag is so tall for sure, all I know is it gets very large, and I did give a big clump away a couple years back and that large chuck of yellow flag that I gave away also got very tall. Maybe my yellow flag is a mutant!

I LoVe my Pink Flamingos and today ALL the solar hanging lights were working now, must be cause I trimmed the trees over the house and now every getting a little more sun!
IMAG3691.jpg
IMAG3688.jpg
IMAG3699.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not that hot here, only 80's. Glad you were able to save your lantern light and get it back working. Boy you have some nice big bunches of Hornwort. Mine is really starting to grow now. I see fish picking at it off and on. Mine has attached itself to some tubing in the pond and is flowing around near the falls nicely. I cleaned the pre-filter yesterday and it was full of gunk. Now back in sucking up more. I like it cuz it will keep working even when full of junk for a long while. I can get the inner core out pretty easy now and clean it really good. So easy to do!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am glad the filter is working good for you JW. I cleaned mine last week and they had enough dirt in them to start a new flower bed! ha ha ha!!

It has been HOT, really ReaLLy HOT! today it should get well over 90 degrees, way too hot for me, but somehow in the wee hours of the night, a magical rare event took place. With the help from the fairies, more large flat rocks were slowly dug down and into place at close to Midnight! Garden Cobble Fairies are very small and only come out at night to move the rocks, cause the heat of the full sun may cause their "wings" to scotch. Although sometimes you can see them in the full sun out of the "corner of the eye" as they dart from shady nook to shady pond...

Need to trim the grass away from sidewalk, cut the grass, get fresh sand and press into the rock cobble, get more big slab rocks and some fat round edge rocks for the other side of the cobble to complete the look.

Just wait till I am done with this front cobble, it will much different than the cobble around the pond cause it is made with only larger slab rocks, and some are VERY Large!
IMAG3826.jpg
IMAG3818.jpg
IMAG3754.jpg
IMAG3775.jpg
IMAG3776.jpg
IMAG3718.jpg
IMAG3774.jpg

Ask a Question