j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you have it up and running nicely for you now Colleen. Are you still going to build another one in the Spring?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20150103_235234.jpg
I have closed off the peak of roof with yet an other layer of clear plastic, trapping a pocket of air in "peak" of roof, now the roof does not ice up anymore like before because the roof is not losing any heat. Now it is warmer inside.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You will be toasty warm w/all that plastic doubled up and under you roof now too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Alas I have no snow to crunch and all the sound I get when I walk is mush, mush, mush right now. Your ponds are keeping open parts nicely Colleen and water looking crisp and clear. I can see your fish swimming around down there. Gosh you have no gloves on! You are a true hardy Canadian woman!
Do you have to leave the heater going all night to keep your plants from freezing? Looks so nice in there and glad you saved some pieces from your pretty plants.

NEWS FLASH.................the rains have stopped here now at 11:30am....

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I keep the heater on low setting, just above freezing, and those succulents are quite "hardy" like me now! ha ha ha! (daytime the greenhouse warms up more cause of the sun factor)

I was just outside and shoveled all the snow and was getting warm shoveling all that snow! Going to start the truck and take the bigger puppies to the park today just for a very short walk. Still kinda cold for them old puppies, their paws get cold so they bark to come in after 2 short minutes!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah good then you have it all figured out just how to keep things warm enough for you and the plants. Enjoy your puppy walk!

Ask a Question