addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
True but it has not been as cold up there .I think Colleen stole the nicer weather for herself :)
She did at that, this has been one cold winter, without any snow covering when we got the real cold. The nights of minus, the days of single digits.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Cleaned out one of the filters and turned on another pump. This time of the year I like to get all the pumps going. Fish are all out of hiding tonight and looking for food! Very windy all day!! At least it was warm wind from California!

And weather is VERY strange these days!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Got my mother's real old wooden planter from years ago and brought it back to life!! It sat out back unused behind garage for at least 12 years! Then I got the idea that it would make a good fairy planter!
20150314_192319.jpg
20150314_192640.jpg
20150314_192355.jpg
20150314_181909.jpg
20150314_193503.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
and Little Rio is not so little, was surprised to see her mother the other day, never realized the mother was so tiny! Little Rio is bigger than her mom now! Like almost twice the size! I should have taken my camera, next time I will get my camera out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well she is little to you.................. compared to your other pups! Missy stopped at 5 lbs, never even had to adjust her harness from 4 months on.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Baby grew out of her new thick coats that I got her in January, and every harness and now things are so bad that the is wearing Poppy's "hand-me-downs" collars when little Poppy was a puppy 10 years ago!! I think she will be about 20 pounds for sure! She won't quit growing and she eats all the time! We are not sure what happened? I still call her a little peanut cause she is still small to me, but was shocked to see how big she was compared to her mom.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sun is barely up and we are about 47 degrees outside right now, I think that is warmer that the rest of Alberta. Yesterday we were the hot spot in Alberta and I was outside in shorts and a T shirt. I cleaned out the pond lights and put them back in pond and ponds are looking really good now. I should get out there and take a picture before it gets light.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are at about the same temp as you right now Colleen but we are pouring rain. Maybe this will be heading up your way soon. We lost our sunshine and that must have headed up your way too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think weather underground is having some problems as it says you are -39f and -39c right now and then it fixes itself when I refresh the page and then goes wacky again later. I want my sunshine back.

Ask a Question