j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Really I never knew there was a question on our license asking if we were cousins? What have we done :eek:
Gosh I just looked and it is banned in our state!

Cuz map.png

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are nuts but we love it don't we...........well I do anyways. I am enjoying myself here comfortably. You are welcome to come here anytime you want to come Colleen or T or anyone else from this forum, just not all at the same time..............or wait maybe that would be fun. You could all set up tents on our little acre. I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't mind. It would be like a little Woodstock and anyone who wants to sing or dance, whoopee

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yuck you can marry a first cousin here................no thanks!
We all are crazy to some extent.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Still got lots to do. Lots of finishing touches but now it is getting late. I moved some of the smaller 5 to 8 pound koi, and they were heavy! The two biggest koi I have decided to wait and I will use big soft blanket and let them swim in, then Hubby will take one end and I will take the other end, and get them that way, fold them in center and gently lift out.
20150423_201837.jpg
20150423_202057.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I put a bottle of liquid concentrate pond peat cause I moved some fish and that will help with any injury from the move that may of occurred. It had darkened the ponds for now but so good at preventing fungus from injuries. I will get better pictures and video tomorrow cause it was getting very late by the time I finished .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Working on hiding the back splash area of new upper pond. I have a much higher edge on this pond because the pond is 5 feet deep, that will mean the big koi can get a "running start" and jump way higher. With this new back edge I am finding unique ways to hide the edge using really old worn fence boards and long pieces of notted driftwood to create this new look. Will finish tomorrow and it should really look good once I am done.
20150424_002626.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20150424_002742.jpg
I am so excited and pleased with how water is flowing and the fish are really swimming around fast tonight in big deep new upper pond.

Here is where the water comes out from upper pond to old top pond. I will get more rocks and finish the edge nicer. The water really comes gushing out faster with this new 5 year warranty big pump. So far this project has cost me a small fortune but the big koi really needed a bigger new home.

Next payday I will look for bright underwater light to shine way down at bottom of 5 foot deep pond!

Last edited:

Ask a Question