Ponds in Canada

Discussion in 'Garden Pond Photography' started by callingcolleen1, May 11, 2012.

1. callingcolleen1

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

Time to think about getting outside guppies inside. This year I have set up at tank in the greenhouse and rescued a few of them from outside guppy pond.

callingcolleen1, Sep 23, 2017
    Gemma, MitchM, Tula and 1 other person like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. callingcolleen1

The little outside guppy pond today ...

Gemma, addy1 and Tula like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. callingcolleen1

j.w I Love my Goldies

Looks good in your green house w/all the nice plants and the little guppies I see are doing well and multiplying like rabbits. Maybe soon you will really have to go into the guppy selling business. If you miss getting some of the guppies inside do they ever over winter out there? Can't remember if you cover that pond and put a heater in it or not?

j.w, Sep 23, 2017
  4. callingcolleen1

They most likely would not survive our winters here even with a heater. I can keep them out even longer into fall with a little cold frame cover and that 400 watt fish tank heater. Maybe if I had two 400 watt heaters and a good pond greenhouse cover it would work. Eventually the ground will get frozen all around and that would make it hard to keep it above 60 degrees then. I have lots of tanks in house to clean and will put then all inside by November

j.w and Tula like this.
  5. callingcolleen1

Tula

Those guppies have the prettiest tails! The guppy pond looks beautiful , it filled in beautifully this summer :)

Tula, Sep 23, 2017
    callingcolleen1 and Jimmy Gibson like this.
  6. callingcolleen1

Guppy tank in greenhouse, filled with some of the rescued guppies from outdoor pond, swim so happily and nice in the morning sunshine. Just another reason to have a nice little home made greenhouse in Canada, cause it provides and nice warm place for me to sit and enjoy all my succulent's, fish and plants. When its cold outside, it nice and cozy in my greenhouse. Going to further insulate the bottom foot or so with thick insulation in between the walls along the bottom edge of greenhouse this fall.

callingcolleen1, Sep 24, 2017
    Gemma, MitchM, Tula and 1 other person like this.
  7. callingcolleen1

j.w I Love my Goldies

Look at all those lush plants everywhere and so many little pretty guppy's! Now get that Bear and Rio to the park :smuggrin:

j.w, Sep 24, 2017
    callingcolleen1 likes this.
  8. callingcolleen1

Tula

When in Spring, do you put the guppies back outside? Anxious to follow along this winter, with your green house :)

Tula, Sep 25, 2017
  9. callingcolleen1

yes, in the spring I do set that little pond back up and get everything running and put the guppies back in as well. Its too small and guppies would not survive outside without a fish tank heater in the spring and fall. Winter too cold for guppies here in Canada. Guppy pond does well with little 400 watt fish tank heater for cold spring and fall, I love the guppy pond and find its easy to care for and they don't need a lot of space so a small pond is great for them.

callingcolleen1, Sep 28, 2017
    Tula and j.w like this.
  10. callingcolleen1

Upside-down wine glass hanging above fish tank allows fish to swim up into the glass and then they view even better.

Tula, Gemma and j.w like this.
  11. callingcolleen1

Gemma

Love your pond, the landscape, your guppies...

Thank you for sharing! thanks.gif

Gemma, Sep 28, 2017
  12. callingcolleen1

My sweet mom... She is going to get a little hair trim today here at Meadowland. They have little hairdressing shop in the building. We had nice lunch here at Meadowland together. Its nice here cause I can sit and have wonderful meal with my mom! 15066249407981372770452.jpg 15066250851561929939873.jpg

sissy, addy1, Tula and 2 others like this.
  13. callingcolleen1

Well the weather has turned nice again for the week so I should be able to get Halloween stuff up and I want to change the old roof on old side of greenhouse before nice weather is gone. This Wed and Thursday I have off so planning to do that then and will post pictures of before and after.

Main Koi ponds are getting covered too tj8s week with cold frames so will also post video of that too. This year I am covering all three bottom level ponds and will probably cover the top pond too. It really saves on the electric bill and I should be able to get away with just the 1200watt heater instead of the 1500 watt.

callingcolleen1, Oct 17, 2017
    Gemma and Tula like this.
  14. callingcolleen1

Also there is a killer on The loose somewhere around my neighborhood. Last week a friend that I knew was stabbed to death and robbed in the alley behind his house, just about three blocks away from me. I suspect the killer may be just two houses away from me in the drug infested little white house. Suspicious activity and just two days after Jim, 62 years old, was stabbed to death, an ambulance was called to that drug house for a drug overdose.... Wondering where they got the money for that as no body works there and they are always stealing..

15. callingcolleen1

Tula

Oh Colleen, that is awful about your friend being stabbed! Please be very careful.

I keep thinking of going over to Tractor Supply to look at cattle panels, but my boards and solar cover worked last year, so will make do for another winter.

Tula, Oct 17, 2017
  16. callingcolleen1

sissy sissy

sad and yet they keep doing drugs .What a waste of a life .When so many people trying to live that have an illness and can give to our world and yet these drug addicts only take from our world .Narcan is free to drug overdose people and yet diabetes and cancer meds cost a small fortune .Thing is cattle panel frames can be moved to be a greenhouse as texas prepper shows in his youtube video

sissy, Oct 17, 2017
  17. callingcolleen1

j.w I Love my Goldies

So sad to hear that bad news about your friend. I pray they catch the murderer and take him out of society. Sounds like the drug house needs to go too!

j.w, Oct 17, 2017
  18. callingcolleen1

I talked with the police and they are checking into everything. They have at least 10 detectives working on the case. Around the time of the murder, a walker for elderly people showed up on the front lawn of that drug infested house, and me and the hubby commented "look now their are stealing from old people" . I told the detective that and said that James did not use a walker, but the detective was very interested in the walker and said something about every detail being important to this case. Also the detective said they would look into the ambulance that was called to the house, just two short days after James was killed. Killer probably overdosed I suspect.

I have since taken extreme measures to protect myself and my hubby, and have a little "peace of mind" right in my pocket.... Killer won't get far on my property.... below is a link to the investigation
    http://www.canadapolicereport.ca/edition/med-hat/

19. callingcolleen1

[QUOTE=" .Thing is cattle panel frames can be moved to be a greenhouse as texas prepper shows in his youtube video[/QUOTE]
    cattle panels are also easy to store when not in use. they will lay flat and can be stored between the fence and the garage. They are also very easy to put up as well.

Tula and sissy like this.
  20. callingcolleen1

sissy sissy

I see people here using them cut up for tomato cages and stood up to grow beans and pickles on .

sissy, Oct 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question