Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Lots of people loved it and you could tell cause they hung out for long time and asked me lots of questions. Most people just want to see things local people do their selves and not something done by the usual professionals cause they all come out looking so similar. Lots of people also choosing not to use tons of weed chemicals as well these days, even the City does not use hardly any chemicals either. In Canada some bigger city's like Toronto have ban the use of harsh lawn chemicals cause it just is too toxic and then the toxins would get more concentrated in large cities.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Everything looks so beautiful! How does your new pond connect to the other pond? Did you put a new pump in it? I'm also wondering, in very cold weather, how does the above ground portion of the ponds hold up? Do you have to worry about them freezing? I just love your ponds and garden :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I leave ponds all up and running all winter long, running water cuts down the amount of ice, one red 1500 watt heater did fine for all three ponds for years, now I got new upper pond that is much deeper 4.5 feet deep, and plan on running the new upper ponds together all winter. The built up ponds have much less ice in winter than other people's ponds cause the running water eats ice and plus it is not stuck in frozen hard ground as top edge is above the "frozen solid" ground. That way when warm Chinook winds come, it is not stuck on frozen hard ground.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well its Spring! Time for this thead again! Ponds did well over the very mild winter that we had up here in Canada. Coldest temperature this winter was about Minus 22 Celsius. half as cold as it can be, so we got off "lucky" this winter I would say!

Yesterday by my ppnds....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is we get spoiled by this nice winter and then next winter we may regret what we get .:)Your fish look happy.I saw a baby fish

Ask a Question