Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks everybody for your thoughtful coments and prayers. My mother is so sweet and I just love her to pieces. I feel like she's my "Mimi Me" cause she is lots like me. She is just so adorable I could squeese and hug her. I feel blessed to have her and going to enjoy every moment I can with her.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've just seen this now - sorry to hear your mum has been through a difficult time recently, but I'm pleased to hear she's doing better now (y) Has she been able to leave hospital yet?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Going to see my mommy today. I had to work all day yesterday so I never got to see her so I miss her extra today!

The little guppy pond is so extra beautiful today so I took this video just a few minutes ago,
This was a very hot summer with little rain this month. I watered everything so its green, and its going to be Plus 40 Celsius this Friday!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My mom says she is in the hospital cause she had a baby, named "Colleen" and I have to share her with my sister "Glenda". She says she is my half sister and she has blonde long hair like me. She says if she cries to bring her back.... What do you say? I just play along cause no need to upset my sweet mommy. I think her memories are all mixed up.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey's mom had Alzheimer's she always looked at him and said you are the fat one and would giggle. BTW by that time honey was lot skinnier. She was always happy, pleasant. I met her after the onset, she always asked who are you?
She managed to live it for over 15 years. We had nurses taking care of her and his dad in their own home.

Reaction score
She was always happy, pleasant.
It's fortunate when Alzheimer's patients maintain their good disposition. We've had several relatives become very violent, angry and aggressive - totally unlike their normal personality. The families could not keep them in their homes for fear someone would be hurt. It's a sad way to end life.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have had very little time for myself these days as my mom needs me. She still remembers me but does not sing gospel anymore with me, just a few words at the end of the song if I am lucky. Mother had such a beautiful voice and used to sing in the choir. If i could just hear her sing again...
I made her little room all nice and cosy. New bedspreads and new pictures. Wall Flowers are stuck everywhere. Now she likes her room with little balconey. She is now in wheelchair and cannot walk or stand. Her slipper fell off the foot I see... My sweet Mommy, love her to pieces...
20180813_201531_HDR.jpg
20180813_201513_HDR.jpg
20180813_201459_HDR.jpg
20180810_114613_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
You did a great job making her room cozy and cheerful . You'll not regret the time you spend with her....other stuff can wait. Hugs to you.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question