Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe! I have Friends! :):):):) Sorry I been so busy these days, we're short of "slave" workers so I have to slave away more at work. I still need to get the front yard in shape for spring. Front yard pond needs my attention.

Well good to see everyone in my pond survived one of the warmest winters I can ever remember.

Got to run back to work now. . .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'll be interested to here about taking your two big koi out, to replace the liner. Do you have help when you do it?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
First two days off in a row! Going to get the front yard all nice! Time for the front to look good like the back....
Was a very sunny but windy afternoon by my ponds. I am happy that all the ponds look so good and all the early spring algae is mostly gone now, thanks to extra circulation and I think my ponds get balanced early as the water never stops flowing all year round.
A lot of my success is also do to the ponds all flowing like a river, and everything gets washed down through the big yellow flag which eats lots of extra pond waste...

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I need to change that liner and would like to do it soon. Problem is my arms are stretched out and I swear they are hanging lower from moving all the pellets at work myself every single day cause we're short staffed and have some lazy @ss people. Today I need to have Sunday with my lovely mother and go to church. First Sunday off in months so I promised my dear old mommy that.
I am going to replace that liner for sure, hopefully when new supervisor gets here and trained then I can get weekend off to get it done. Not going to start it this week cause I'm busy with front yard. I wanted to get it all done by now but might just have to wait, hopefully not too long. Worst case I will get it done this fall. I hate the thought of moving my big old koi babies but it needs to be done cause liner is over 20 years old at least.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The liner is just getting really old Wayne. Its got to be at least 18 years old and I think it is getting old and brittle and time for a change. There is one area on the top that is pulling away and has a little slit, just above the water line.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Every fruit tree is now blooming away! Have not changed that liner cause can't get more than one day off these days due to staff problems at work these days. Going to have to do in in the fall most likely now. Ponds are all running fine and fish are looking pretty too.

Ask a Question