sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WoW your bananas looks great .I only have the green ones .They say stop teasing us .The money is great but you need to enjoy your short summer .That is one fat fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 , the spinning balls you have.....do they "diffuse" the water discharge from pipes? I am looking for a solution for a PVC pipe, discharging 2000 GPH into the pond. Would these work , and if so, where would I find one? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
They also help to aerate the water after looking at colleens for a couple of years .You can see the bubbles
I really dislike the force of water coming from this PVC pipe. Found a differ , but it was $174 and ugly, would have to hide with rocks. Love the artistic look of these balls, just wonder if they'd stay in place, or just shoot across the pond?!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Every video colleen shows they are under the water where it falls .They just keep spinning under it from the force of the water.Not sure how much force colleens pumps pump water onto them .You may have to ask her about the size of her pumps .I know these balls come in different sizes and one place on ebay and amazon sells them in a set of 3 sizes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 looking good at your ponds and the rain is coming down bad here today or good whichever way you like it so it should be hitting you soon.

I stuck a small plastic ball about the size of a tennis ball under my waterfall and it stayed there for a couple days and then I think something like fish, wind or whatever dislodged it. So you may have to keep putting it back in place depending on the circumstances. Maybe the heavier stainless steel balls stay in place better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Every video colleen shows they are under the water where it falls .They just keep spinning under it from the force of the water.Not sure how much force colleens pumps pump water onto them .You may have to ask her about the size of her pumps .I know these balls come in different sizes and one place on ebay and amazon sells them in a set of 3 sizes
What do I "search" for on E-bay?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I will have to do a special on the "Spinning balls " and how to get them to spin proper. Different size balls create different levels of "waves".
The balls can be pricy but they last forever and never rust. My older silver balls were purchased long time ago, maybe 17 years ago. Now they have the trip colored spinning balls, which I have two of, and paid about 50 dollars for each a few years ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I will have to do a special on the "Spinning balls " and how to get them to spin proper. Different size balls create different levels of "waves".
The balls can be pricy but they last forever and never rust. My older silver balls were purchased long time ago, maybe 17 years ago. Now they have the trip colored spinning balls, which I have two of, and paid about 50 dollars for each a few years ago.

Look forward to you showing us how you get them to spin! Do you think they would work for my application? Are the ones @sissy mentioned on e-Bay, what you use?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Look forward to you showing us how you get them to spin! Do you think they would work for my application? Are the ones @sissy mentioned on e-Bay, what you use?
yes, they should be the same. I have many different types and sizes, will make a recording tomorrow if its not raining, currently spitting rain and cold outside.

Ask a Question