Pool chems?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, Pool Chemicals to save some $$. Joking right? I have a pool, and a pond, or should I saw a few ponds. I'd far rather go by Pond supplies than pool supplies. One thing I did learn, NEVER use pool chemical buckets in your pond, I make practice and will get very upset if pool chemical buckets get used anywhere near my pond. I don't even try anymore to mix ANYTHING that has to do with a pool to a pond.

But, I would so love to turn my pool into a Koi pond and be done with the pool headach! Wouldn't it be cool to set up a pond that you could get in and swim with the koi??? Another bad idea I had to think about for a while, They like their water A LOT colder than I like mine!!!!!
LOL No really don't try to save $$ at a pool supply store, I really recommend against that idea,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only thing I use from pool stuff is the hoses and the pool net and those floating things you put in pools to put chemicals in and I put oyster shells in them with a mix of salt that gradually leeches into pond and believe it or not intex pools has this great skimmer that just floats up and down on the side of your pond and you just add a hose from your pump on it 16 dollars at big lots was 25 dollars and got 20% off

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh big lots had it for the pools they sell those intex pop up ones and it works pretty good just have to watch fish not sure how to protect them screening works fine but if you get large stuff they just stick to the screen I have mine on one of those cheap plug in timers only run it an hour 2 times a day

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Oh, I'm sure there are things that can be used, I'm like Sissy, I use one of those floating dispensers for adding salt, in my smaller pond, I've seen a above ground swimming pool skimmer used on a pond idea that worked great and was cheap too! Clarifier??? HMMMM Not sure I would want to use that in a pond at all. Calcium carbonate, and alkalinity I would have to do a lot of research but I guess they are possibilities, But buying from swimming pool store? Unless you got a inside connection in most cases they are probably going to be higher than some other resources.

Reaction score
Pondcare makes a clarifier that I bought yesterday. It's for the slight cloudiness remaining that is too fine to be removed by filtering. It makes the particles lump together and sink. If you read it, my well water was actually murky, so it's the remnants of that. And I have a new pond. Eventually all the proper bacteria should sort it out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you have to go to big box stores and pick up things clearance out my pool floaty things were only 2 dollars at walmart Thought they might for pond and 2 dollars what the heck .It was one of those buy 1 get 1 free ,1 was big 1 was small

Ask a Question