Pool salt

Reaction score
For those the use salt in ur pond can u use pool salt I'm at walmart and they have pool salt 40 lbs for 5 bucks looks to be just regular salt any one know u can use pool salt

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if you go to lowes or home depot they have the 40# bags of Mortons solar salt for about $5.00 i can attest to its safety ive been using it for 2 years. its in the water softener section.. ( blue bag)

Reaction score
I used salt in my last pond and it killed my floaters. Is there a safe dose of salt that will not kill floating plants? and water lillies or r water lillies safe?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
.15% is the max salinity for a planted pond....1&1/4 cup per 100 gallons is a good safe amount...remember salt doesnt evaporate, so dont add with topoffs, just changes if you know the amount of the change...
buy the blue bag of MORTONS solar water softener salt...at Lowes, HomeDepo, etc $4.50 for a 40lb bag..I've been using it for 4 years

Ask a Question