JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last week, I missed out on photographing a Snowberry Clearwing. This morning, a Hummingbird Clearwing was in the same spot.

IMG_7713 copy.jpg

IMG_7690 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great pics! @JBtheExplorer, do you wear your camera on you?? We have a lot of different wildlife around us but I seem to rarely have my camera ready and only my iPhone. While the latter takes okay pics, I much prefer the DLSR. So how do you do it?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I caught this heron bailing out of the pond. i had gone over to open the blinds. Almost thought I would need to save it from the net. But it wiggled through.
First pictures off the dvr recording, second group out of our windows with a lot of reflection on them.

heron4.JPG
heron5.JPG
heron.JPG
heron2.JPG
heron3.JPG
IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3493.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Great pics! @JBtheExplorer, do you wear your camera on you??

Most of the time, yes. Photography is my biggest hobby, so if I go out to explore my pond and native gardens, I almost always grab my camera. Especially this time of year, because there's always something going on. I've got an explosion of blooms happening, so my yard has been filled with life the last few weeks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 darn sneaky little brat fits through the net holes. How do you stop him or do you even worry about it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Most of the time, yes. Photography is my biggest hobby, so if I go out to explore my pond and native gardens, I almost always grab my camera. Especially this time of year, because there's always something going on. I've got an explosion of blooms happening, so my yard has been filled with life the last few weeks.
You sound like me. If I go down to the yard & pond without my camera in tow I feel rather naked. :LOL:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 darn sneaky little brat fits through the net holes. How do you stop him or do you even worry about it?
I am not really worried about this one. It is a small heron, only fishes from the edge, might get a few small fry. The great blue is a greater threat.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Earlier today, I had 9 butterflies of 8 different species in the native garden. That's the record for most butterfly species in my garden at once! I had an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, a Monarch, a Summer Azure, a Cabbage White, a Painted Lady, an American Lady, a Red Admiral, and two Red-spotted Purples. I photographed a few.

IMG_9267 copy.jpg

IMG_9284 copy.jpg

IMG_9293 copy.jpg

IMG_9315 copy.jpg

IMG_9338 copy.jpg

Oh, and while I was taking that last photo, I had a visitor fly up by me. I was too close to get a photo, so I started filming.

Ask a Question