JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just watched a Snowberry Clearwing fly around to hundreds of my Common Blue Violets. I don't often see much attracted to the violets. Occasionally bumble bees. I really planted them just because they're a host plant for Fritillary butterflies. Seeing a Snowberry Clearwing use them was awesome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just watched a Snowberry Clearwing fly around to hundreds of my Common Blue Violets. I don't often see much attracted to the violets. Occasionally bumble bees. I really planted them just because they're a host plant for Fritillary butterflies. Seeing a Snowberry Clearwing use them was awesome!
They are amazing little critters! We have a couple of honeysuckle vines which are their host plants, so we do get our share.
hummingbird moth 02.jpg
I haven't planted violets (on purpose) but we do allow many of the native 'weed' violets grow in a variety of areas, especially for our Diana Fritillaries.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn feral cats, had two trying to fish out of the pond. I need to put up deer fencing so they can't reach the water. One ran when it saw me, one got caught in the wide weave net. Hubby and I are trying to figure out to release that spitting howling clawing cat when it fell into the water, tried to climb the iris, then managed to get out for the water and somehow got loose and ran into our woods.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah you might have found mama cat and pa pa cat! Gee just think you could have had four more of those critters running around hungry and wanting to eat up your fish. Glad they got out tho and maybe they will be scared enough now to stay away. Prolly not tho if they found an easy fishing hole. Wonder if they ever catch any?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just heard a bird call I didn't recognize. I was curious so I looked out my window and couldn't believe it.
An Eastern Bluebird was sitting on my fence!! I've never seen one in the yard before. I got a super blurry photo for documenting through my old blurry windows and window screen. I then slowly opened my window and just as I was focusing, it flew away. I would've had a solid photo of it. :cry:

Here's the blurry shot.
IMG_6310 copy.jpg

Ask a Question