addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Moving a rock I found this spider, had a huge egg sac on it. I very careful put a rock back over the hole it had made.
20200607_102343.jpg

a few of the lilies in the big pond
20200607_102124.jpg

My fan tails are enjoying the extra room, I removed some of the anacharis and parrots feather from the pond.
20200607_091501.jpg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Moving a rock I found this spider, had a huge egg sac on it. I very careful put a rock back over the hole it had made.
Think I would have dropped the rock rather hard on that spider! After having a couple wolf spider eggs hatch out in my house, I really don't like them!
Mrs. Wren found a new nesting spot. I went to trim back my catmint in my chimney flue liner planters and there is the nest. Counted 6-7 eggs! Hope they don't mind a lot of rain, that garden gets watered almost every day. Will try to get some pics once the parents settle down. I'm not on their list of favorite people right now.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Think I would have dropped the rock rather hard on that spider! After having a couple wolf spider eggs hatch out in my house, I really don't like them!
I dislike spiders do not want them in the house, but outside it gets to live. Wolf spiders are great predators.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thousands crawling everywhere when you have spider issues is NOT good! I leave them be in the yard but if a spider gets in the house, its gone.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thousands crawling everywhere when you have spider issues is NOT good! I leave them be in the yard but if a spider gets in the house, its gone.
I totally dislike them, I love to take pictures, see them at a distance, but forget about running into a web, it totally freaks me out.
Now a snake, pick up without issues as long as I know it is a safe snake

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It seems our resident box turtle is having an identity crisis & thinks she's either a slider of some sort, or perhaps a snapping turtle. We've been seeing Shelly around the house & garden a lot in the past week, but this morning I found her lounging in the upper pool of the pond! :oops: She's been hanging around in there all day & when I checked late this afternoon she was all hunkered down in a large patch of parrot's feather, apparently ready to stay. :love:
silly Shelly 01.JPG

silly Shelly 02.JPG

silly Shelly 03.JPG

Turtle? What turtle?
silly Shelly 04.JPG

Ah ha! There you are, Shelly!
silly Shelly 05.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That one looks like the box turtles we have hanging our here, ours are land turtles. The snapper I had looked totally different. He got relocated to a very nice farm pond.
IMG_3514.JPG
IMG_3518.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah, we had a snapper a couple years ago that we relocated to a larger, natural pond in the area (but well away from our yard & pond!) Shelly must just be enjoying having a cool place to hang out while the weather is so warm. I've never had a box turtle in the pond before - at least not that I've seen!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i put out watermelon they don't touch it here.

B

Burd

He ate 2 PCs that big. It was cold too, prob liked that. He was in real bad shape last year, broke his leg or hip. I fed him a lot when the others wouldn’t let eat him on the feeder, you can see in the pic how wide his legs are open to sit up.
they like grapes too, they peel them like a nut, it’s funny to watch. But the peel gets baked on the patio. Lol

B

Burd

BTW, what kind of moth is that ?
when you dig in the ground, you find the brown cacoon things, are these moth larva?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No clue on the moth, I had to go get some labs done, the moth was sitting on the glass door. Cocoons they could be anything.

Ask a Question