JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This was an awesome surprise. I had two Eastern Kingbirds in the yard this morning!
IMG_8567 copy.jpg

B

Burd

Hectic morning here, yesterday i saw a Robins nest out in my huge Pine tree, I get up this morning to see if there was any action in the tree, the nest cracked in half And laying on the ground, and the babies are out, one in the middle of the street, bleeding a little On his tail area, the other under a parked car, he May have gotten clipped by a car, the other was fine, I put antibiotic on the one, wrapped him in a towel, to somehow get a nest made, quickly got a small box and 2 zip ties, made them a makeshift nest back on the same branch, the parents having a fit The whole time, Lol. All before coffee. ;)
their up their checking it all out, so let’s see what happens.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh gosh hope they make it and the parents accept the nest you made for them. So nice of you to do that!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So darn cute! We have had fawns parked in our yard, a few up in my pond area. I stay away from them so they don't get startled.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Hectic morning here, yesterday i saw a Robins nest out in my huge Pine tree, I get up this morning to see if there was any action in the tree, the nest cracked in half And laying on the ground, and the babies are out, one in the middle of the street, bleeding a little On his tail area, the other under a parked car, he May have gotten clipped by a car, the other was fine, I put antibiotic on the one, wrapped him in a towel, to somehow get a nest made, quickly got a small box and 2 zip ties, made them a makeshift nest back on the same branch, the parents having a fit The whole time, Lol. All before coffee. ;)
their up their checking it all out, so let’s see what happens.
WOW, and I thought my morning was stressful! Fingers crossed!

B

Burd

I have a injured you g sparrow, trying to find someone to take him. I Sam him hobble across my yard twice, finally I caught him.
might be a injured wing. I’ll see if I can get him in to my vet.

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a injured you g sparrow, trying to find someone to take him. I Sam him hobble across my yard twice, finally I caught him.
Check the Internet for wildlife rescues in your area. We had baby birds and we think one or both parents were taken by a hawk. I dropped them off and got a stern lecture on everything I have ever done wrong with nature, haha, but was happy to have found someone to rehabilitate them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Are you sure he's actually injured? Many times baby birds will fledge before they can fly really well & spend a couple of days hopping around the nest area & yelling for Mom & Dad to come feed them still.

B

Burd

He actually looks better after resting for a few days, he’s going out to a wildlife rehabber tomorrow.
i don’t think his leg is broke.

Ask a Question