j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
With FINALLY getting some rain, grass greener and our land turtle is crusing aroundView attachment 160713View attachment 160714
Wish we had neat visitors like that! All we get are same old birds, bugs and snakes. Don't get me wrong I love them all but would be nice to get something different for a surprise ...........................not a bear taking a dip tho o_O

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Grey tree frogs are cute and amazingly good at hiding. However, their screams at night are annoying!
Frogs that scream, wow! Had to look it up and yep that would be kinda annoying all night long. Hope it is just during mating season but then that could be a long time!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish we had neat visitors like that! All we get are same old birds, bugs and snakes. Don't get me wrong I love them all but would be nice to get something different for a surprise ...........................not a bear taking a dip tho o_O
you mean like an otter or a mink , or maybe a lynx or a bobcat ? you have more wild life out here than any where in the country the north west that is mountain lion ram mountain goat elk badger etc eyc

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
you mean like an otter or a mink , or maybe a lynx or a bobcat ? you have more wild life out here than any where in the country the north west that is mountain lion ram mountain goat elk badger etc eyc
Yet they never come to my pond that I know of anyways.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Frogs that scream, wow! Had to look it up and yep that would be kinda annoying all night long. Hope it is just during mating season but then that could be a long time!

OH so that's who was making all the noise a few weeks ago! They ARE noisy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did not sleep well the other night i got about 2 hours before i had a 2 hour drive to work . that was rough. and to make it worse as i was up at 3 am my motion sensor went off in the drive way and when i looked out there was the largest racoon i had ever seen. And my cousin actualy HAD THEM AS PETS 6 OF THEM. This one was as tall as a golden retriever and half as long. between it and the Blue Heron no wonder i find frogs missing and explains a few disappearances of smaller fish. but that's ok so long as the leave my kids alone. the 12 to 24 " fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This Gulf Coast box turtle visited our yard this week. From its size, I’m guessing it’s 10-15 yrs. old. I fed it some tomato from my salad and it gobbled it right up.

IMG_1926.jpeg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We've seen our fox and an 8 point buck lately but have had several sightings of a large cat. Stubby tail and large head with what looks like a spotted coat. Bobcat? It was drinking out of a stock tank tonight before jumping up on to the edge of the pond and immediately running off. Ponds are netted so no fish snacks. I've seen them in the local state park but never in the yard.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We've seen our fox and an 8 point buck lately but have had several sightings of a large cat. Stubby tail and large head with what looks like a spotted coat. Bobcat? It was drinking out of a stock tank tonight before jumping up on to the edge of the pond and immediately running off. Ponds are netted so no fish snacks. I've seen them in the local state park but never in the yard.
Sounds like a Bobcat or a Lynx.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
FORTUNATELY both bobcat and lynx would rather jump for a flying bird over go for a swim to catch a fish . in typical cat fashion they would rather not go swiming

Ask a Question