Pressure filter seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! Moved into a house with a garden pond, and was having a problem with the filter (Blagdon Pressure Filter 10000) so had to take it apart to clean, etc. Working fine now, but I can't put it back together! The seal on the barrel bit where the foam is just seems too big, and so the lid just kind of rests on it. When I do manage to force it shut and turn it on, water just pours out so clearly the seal has moved / isn't in the right place.

Is there a knack or trick that I'm not aware of?!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Country
Spain
cooking oil so that it stays in place, I know the logic says otherwise, but it has always worked for me for rubber gaskets

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1640109050881.gif
@Alex.A.W

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use plumbers grease on all of my gaskets when I take anything apart. Keeps them in place keeps them lubricated

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yes, plumber's grease or vaseline petroleum jelly will hold it in place while you put it all back together.

I once had a pressure filter that had a big o-ring which somehow stretched out. I don't know how, but It literally was too big, basically too long.
No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to fit. I had to buy a new o-ring.

Maybe you could post some pictures. If we see what you have, maybe someone will notice what may be wrong. Could you be putting it together wrong?
If the "gasket" is an o-ring, perhaps you are not putting it in the correct groove?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
isn't an O ring what plumbers who marry give each other?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question