Problem edging area...any and all suggestions welcome!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jacquirenee said:
Hmm...great idea! I'll have to research that. I just knew some of y'all might have ideas I'd never heard of. :)

It is good guey stuff if you stay with small rocks, I bet it would work well.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jacquirenee said:
Hmm...great idea! I'll have to research that. I just knew some of y'all might have ideas I'd never heard of. :)

It is good guey stuff if you stay with small rocks, I bet it would work well.

Reaction score
Is that black foam strong enough to hold decent size rocks or will they fall down under the constant weight of a rock. Can you use mortor or cement some more rocks downward to hide the rest of liner?

Reaction score
Is that black foam strong enough to hold decent size rocks or will they fall down under the constant weight of a rock. Can you use mortor or cement some more rocks downward to hide the rest of liner?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
y2kdejesus said:

I have no clue, lol, but would love to hear if anybody does!

I may use it to help out with our edge problems. (stream not pond)

y2kdejesus - I lived glendale, north/ north west phoenix area for 38 years. Still have a house there, and pond lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
y2kdejesus said:

I have no clue, lol, but would love to hear if anybody does!

I may use it to help out with our edge problems. (stream not pond)

y2kdejesus - I lived glendale, north/ north west phoenix area for 38 years. Still have a house there, and pond lol

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have no personal experience but it is foam and foam has air bubbles trapped in it. That said, time and weight may cause it to sag or compress. If a rock has some support before the foam is used, then everythign should be ok.

Remember almost all synthetics shrink with age. If you have an older car, just look at your dashboard. It is plastic over foam.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have no personal experience but it is foam and foam has air bubbles trapped in it. That said, time and weight may cause it to sag or compress. If a rock has some support before the foam is used, then everythign should be ok.

Remember almost all synthetics shrink with age. If you have an older car, just look at your dashboard. It is plastic over foam.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I used the black foam to hold one of those "fake" rocks. It let go after about a year. I think the ice in the winter probably popped it off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I used the black foam to hold one of those "fake" rocks. It let go after about a year. I think the ice in the winter probably popped it off.

Ask a Question