Question about waterfall rocks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now that would be very cool! Maybe when @GBBUDD is hobnobbing with the Aquascape folks, he can put in a plug for a visit by Team Aquascape to the Muddle East. Come to think of it, they could probably get a bargain on flight tickets at the moment, what with one thing and another...
Greg is currently in Argentina. But i'm not so sure he's as adventurous to head to a war zone. Then again he keeps coming back to the states. we too are at war just few see whats going on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have snatch blocks, other hubby bought, never knew that was the name, and have never used like you have.

(Looked it up)

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I have snatch blocks, other hubby bought, never knew that was the name, and have never used like you have.

(Looked it up)
I love snatch blocks! I've got a heavy-duty one that goes with me on jeep trips, plus a manual come-along. Sadly, I have yet to find a come-along that will last for more than a couple of jobs. But at least the snatch block holds up.

Here's a fun video that goes into all things snatch block related:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have often thought that snatch blocks were probably the missing link to the Egyptian pyramids, how they were built. you always hear about ramps and slides . but like in @YShahar video the use of an a frame can lift incredible amounts and take the ladder and replace it with an actual tree the amount of weight that a tree can support is staggering. So as each tier is built up there's a shelf on the level below that we look at as steps so why couldn't these be used as leg support platforms. add enough pullies and you can lift an unlimited amount of weight. The one thing that was not mentioned well in the video the more pullies, block and tackle the more you have to pull. Not in strength but in distance so the more blocks you add will require you to pull more rope, to lift just a little.

Ask a Question