sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear geeze what next it must all be the spring buzz we have .We are intoxicated . .Only thing i was wondering if after this gets all gunked up will it clog the whole system as you really won't be able to clean it .Will be interesting to see if somehow if it can work though
I'm trying a new test in my skippy-style filters. Just got some new batting, and I put it in the bottom of my filter this time. The green scrubbies were not consistently covering the bottom grating, so I thought maybe putting the batting down there might work. This way the finer particles are trapped in the bottom where they can decompose, and I have pretty clean water coming up through my bacteria framework. Time will tell what the effects are...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
sissy - naw that won't be a problem. My filter material is all in mesh laundry bags. Easy removal when needed, and only takes a couple minutes to swap everything out. The original skippy filter site mentioned using floor buffing pads for that bottom layer. I'm doing essentially the same thing, but with a finer material.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh ok .I use the buffing machine pads a course 1 and 2 types of finer ones The course one has bigger openings and then there is a fine and super fine one .I got them at the machine rental store .At the rental place they also sell different thickness and different sizes square or round

Ask a Question