Recommendation for online store

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I bought my large pump from Amazon. It's a Beckett 3500 gph, when I got it was around $80 on sale when I got more. Price is higher now, but may end up on sale again, and Amazon was the cheapest. I've had it for a year and it seems to be do really well, it is a solids handling pump and therefor doesn't need a prefilter. My little pump is 250 gph from Home Depot, and it has held up well too for the past year. I had it in my upper pond before the remodel in one of those pump filter box things, that pond didn't have fish and was pretty neglected (tons of algae and I never cleaned the foam filter thing in the the box)and it still did well. Here's the link to my pump:

http://www.amazon.com/Beckett-71143...LFJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334550778&sr=8-1

I always check amazon for whatever I'm buying to see if they have it for less, more often then not they are the cheapest and definitely trust worthy.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
We also purchased our Laguna 4200 from webbsonline. They had the best price, free shipping and an additional year on the pump warranty. The shipping was amazingly fast. According to their website, if you have a problem during warranty they will send you a new pump and you send defective pump after. That way your fish don't go long without. So far it has been working great and I don't think we've even noticed much change in our electric bill.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yep, webbs has an ebay store as well, i've done business with them, very reliable and willing to work with you, should you have any issues. ebay stores are like any place, on or off line, some are good some are bad. and webbs is definately are one of the best in pricing! and they do give an extra year warranty on some laguna pumps.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I was at Lowes and Home Depot earlier this week, and noticed that both stores have gotten a new line of pond pumps on their shelves. I didn't recognize a brand name, however they had various sizes of submersible pumps up to 5100gph for $250. For those who don't have a HARO in their neighborhood, perhaps someone would be interested enough to check into these and see if a brand name can be identified? If the quality is good, then the price is great, and may be a good option for a lot of folks here.
the brand is SMARTPOND at Lowes, i've seen alot of refurbished smartpond pumps on ebay. dont know what that says on quality.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That was a great price jen and people who buy smart pond pumps don't look at there books I think .I have one and you have to reset it if the water gets low it has an automatic cut off switch .Sometimes takes a little extra head scratching to reset it right ,maybe that is why there are so many refurbished ones .I guess they need to get the bugs out of there design .but i do like where they are going with the idea as no more burned up pumps because of low water .I lost a pump but had the warranty so they replaced it .

Ask a Question