j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Addy you can yell at me again! Doggone I did it again.......................went up the road and out in front of this house somebody had placed at least 25 or so plastic pink flamingos all over somebody's front yard in the grass. I think that is considered red neck in my book. If they are still there I will take a pic. and from now on my camera goes where ever I go. I hate those things but if any of you have them in your yard forgive me and I'm sure they look wonderful, lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao jw, it might be one of those rent a pink flamingo for an occasion thing...........

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Addy you can yell at me again! Doggone I did it again.......................went up the road and out in front of this house somebody had placed at least 25 or so plastic pink flamingos all over somebody's front yard in the grass. I think that is considered red neck in my book. If they are still there I will take a pic. and from now on my camera goes where ever I go. I hate those things but if any of you have them in your yard forgive me and I'm sure they look wonderful, lol!

Every time my parents go on vacation we do something to their house with pink flamingos and this last week when we got back from vacation my parents had done the same thing. We must have 20 of those things around the yard and pond. This has been going on for about the last 8 years. It becomes a contest as to who can out do who with these pink birds. We decorated their entire porch in the flamingo theme this last time.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's what I'm thinking too tmann that somebody is playing a joke on these people. Too funny. You sound like you have a fun family to be in, lol!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have to take some pics tomorrow. We also got these pink flamingo drink stirs and put them all over their house, hid them in places they should be finding for years.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish I could see the look on their faces every time they find one of those drink stirs

flamingo680.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When in africa, on a camping safari, we saw flocks of them, beautiful birds, the pink comes from the food they eat. Some where not as pink more white.

I bet every time they find one they will either moan or giggle!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here's the pic of the flock of Flamingo's. I finally walked up there and took a pic. Was almost dark when I got there, then had to walk all the way back in the spooky dark. Weird stuff going on out there at night. Of course I forgot my flashlight! But I did remember the camera :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 301

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here are some of the pics of my pink flamingos that flew in two weeks ago, they had some babies and they are all over the yard and around the pond, they are hard to spot because they hide well behind the plants. They like it when it gets windy, they just flap their wings as though they are trying to fly.

Attachments

• P1030184.JPG
    P1030184.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 245
  • P1030185.JPG
    P1030185.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 241
  • P1030187.JPG
    P1030187.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 261

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks koiguy, it took me almost an hour to walk there and it was dark when I got done taking the pics. Strange loudspeaker sounds coming from the woods like chanting, singing in a foreign language..........really eerie!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They are hidden alright cuz they aren't there, lol! At least I can't see them on my computer?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw, spooky woods, and thanks for getting the picture to share.................. love the pinkies! tmann

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now I can see them tmann, at least yours are spread out to look like they are natural...............the ones at the house I took pics of are just like, out there w/ no cover at all from predators :LOL:

Ask a Question