addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BRRRRRR SHIVER ME TIMBERS OFF .I love your ball I bought some of those giant sized plastic Christmas ornaments for my pond ,25 cents for the roll of small and big ones after holiday sale

you can see me or my reflection

Sissy you make a cute little ball person!

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Hey SISSI ,oh yea! I rememberber ,thats why I moved.HeeHee! been a long time ,going to be even longer ,please enjoy my share!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That was the big storms of 2010 and hope to never see anything like that again .But did not want to go farther south to many tornado's and storms coming off the ocean and we seem to be protected here by mountains and valleys .That is scuttlebutt and cinnamon stick and they live at the other house in Pittsville with Mike ,they are his horse's I bought the house for them and land and they are paying me back interest free loan .I did my part to help a little in this world of craziness .He has geese too .

I think they all like there new home .Had to restone the driveway

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
That was the big storms of 2010 and hope to never see anything like that again .But did not want to go farther south to many tornado's and storms coming off the ocean and we seem to be protected here by mountains and valleys .That is scuttlebutt and cinnamon stick and they live at the other house in Pittsville with Mike ,they are his horse's I bought the house for them and land and they are paying me back interest free loan .I did my part to help a little in this world of craziness .He has geese too .

I think they all like there new home .Had to restone the driveway
Military uses geese for watch dogs thier very territorial ,and really raze a fuss and it,s imposilble to bribe a goose with steak or hot dogs and they can be very agressive ,my wife hated the two I had wouldn't let any one in the back yard but me! hiss and flapping straight at all of them.That's super for them,hope they keep you on the short list ,till your repaid .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I like geese, I remember them chasing me at my auntie's farm when I was a girl. The turkeys scared me the most, so my Auntie said!"Colleen don't bug the Turkey's", so of course I had to take just a peek, then suddenly those big gobblers chased me all the way to the old farm house, where I slammed that old wooden screen door behind me, escaped just in the nick of time! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have to show my best friends ,I went from a red trike and red wagon to this and love it cart and lawn mower have hauled everything and is used well .I always show aggie in good pics and now bert says it is his turn and aggie the tank .I planted these hibiscus and they were only 4 inches tall when I put the mulch down in May and look at them already .The fence and put in the weeping pussy willow and liriope in front of the fence facing the road .Still have to go get a truckload of mulch again ,There is a ditch in front of the fence and when it rained my lawn mower would always slide sideways heading into the ditch ,fence should solve that problem .These geese are a pain and just follow you every where you go when I am there .Yep Mike has been great paying and does a lot of odd jobs around here I just can't do .They think they got the better part of the deal but i think I did and found good friends in the deal also .WIN WIN :razz:

Attachments

• house 2012 040.JPG
    house 2012 040.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 254
  • house 2012 017.JPG
    house 2012 017.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 354
  • house 2012 003.JPG
    house 2012 003.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 351
  • house 2012 035.JPG
    house 2012 035.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 271
  • house 2012 051.JPG
    house 2012 051.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 269

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was tired of sliding into the ditch so did what I did on the other side of the property to keep from tumbling off my lawn mower

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Better than mowing and going in the ditch .I put 2 pieces of 20 foot long ditch pipe in and then put all the rock in and did the hill all the way down with rock.Had to move it all in place by hand and it was 5 truckloads 17 to 19 ton each and truck could only dump it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I usually had him dump it in 2 or 3 piles as it was easier than 1 giant pile .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
All this talk of winter has me thinking. I am debating on leaving my falls going this winter. I am a zone 7. I shut them off last winter on Dec 1st and back on the second week of March. Through January the pond froze to about 1inch thick ice everywhere accept for where my air stone was.

My concerns with leaving the falls on are some sort of malfunction in the dead of winter when the last thing I want to be doing is fixing something in the pond. And I am concerned about stirring up the water too much while the fishies sleep at the bottom.

What to do, what to do...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wouldn't as it makes the water colder and if you get an ice dam and don't catch it fast the pond will empty in a matter of minutes .I tried it and pump got knocked over by fish and hose broke when it froze and I had not gone out there to check why the security lights were coming on at 3 in the morning I would had fish sticks in another few minutes .Less than a foot of water and lucky hoses were in the basement and I had access to water down there to refill it ,I was still scared the water temp .shock would kill my fish .That was the 2010 winter and weather had went from bad to really bad in a couple of hours .I thought I was gonna freeze out there refilling it .Scared me and never gonna do that again and even invested in a pond heater after that winter .

Ask a Question