Sarassa or Shubunkin goldfish?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Dave.. a kungfu priest...lol he was "Shaolin". have you ever seen the spin off "KUNG FU, the legend continues" if memory seves,David Carradine reintroduced his roll as QUI CHANE CAIN. but as a grandson of the same name. he helped his son, a homicide detective, Peter Cain solve crimes. battled evil, and helped people in need. just as his grandfather did in the Original KUNG FU. i just had to check...youtube has the whole first season atleast. so heres
an episode...sorry jason.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
The original KUNGFU show idea was stolen from Bruce Lee. he was to star in it, but hollywood didnt go for orientals in lead rolls at that time.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Just added 2 new Shubunkins to the pond. I wasn't going to get any but they were just too beautiful! Only $2.50 at one of the big box stores.

Reaction score
I don't see any reason you can mix and have both. Our pond has what I believe are regular Sarasa's but also have some that have fancy long fins. Also have a couple yellowish/white smaller fish with long fancy fins that I think are some type of comet. I added 2 Koi and had myself convinced I wanted to change over to just Koi but now I'm second guessing that. My pond is about 2400gal and I'm thinking now I'd rather have more fish and variety of fish than just Koi since the pond would support less of them at full size. I really like Shubunkin they do look cool!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a mix of multiple different fish, some long fins, short fins, shubunkins, white, red, orange, yellow, almost black. I love the mix of colors we have ended up with. None of these fish cost more than 2 dollars.

These were taken off the underwater cam this after noon............I have a video of them in my build thread if you want to watch fish swim..........lol

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 245
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 247
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 255
  • fish4.jpg
    fish4.jpg