Scott Aerator Co. DE-Icer?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Gang,

I'm looking for opinions or reviews of the Scott Aerator Co. Dock mounted De-icer. I've got a brand new cedar topped dock in northern Wisconsin and I'm looking to try and protect it over the winter. Last year we tried putting an aerator under the dock and it didn't affect a large enough area. So we've been looking around at options. The Scott brand one caught my eye because they have an available automatic oscillator that moves the unit every couple minutes so I don't have to adjust it later. I've also owned Scott products in the past and love them, I have a DA-20 in my home pond that's been fantastic for over 6 years. So I 'm just checking to see if anyone has tried these tings out or if anyone has run into a brand they like more or may be cheaper than the Scott option.

https://midwestponds.com/products/scott-aerator-floating-de-icer-nif115v-525-nif230v-5100

/\/\ these guys are offering it with free shipping. It was the lowest price I could find and they have been good to me in the past.

Thanks for any ideas!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, we are trying to keep a large spot of open water around our dock this year so the lake ice doesn't move in and crush our new dock. These de-icer keep the water moving and kept the ice from freezing. I've seen other folks use them effectively in large Ponds and around lakes. Just haven't seen this particular one. I like the brand, just wanted to see if anyone else has used this model and what they though of it.

I'll check my link. Maybe I built it wrong.

https://midwestponds.com/products/scott-aerator

How's this one?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not familiar with this product, but I did a little reading about it. For a large pond/lake application, i believe that it should be effective.
I have no idea how thick lake ice can get in North Wisconsin, but if this item moves 400 gpm as it claims, it seems like it would give any ice some level of deterence.
Definitely not a purchase for those on a tight budget, though.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've seen one of these used on a cottage in Cameron Lake (Fenelon Falls, Ontario).

It worked quite well until there was a power failure lasting 48hrs.............

The dock was subsequently converted to an electric winch, pull-out design.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have used "diffused air" (other people called it a compressed air bubbler) in the past.
This year I am buying a lake deicer around my dock call circulator. I found the site www.lakedeicer.com and talked to Scott their deicer guy. I am just trying to decide between a 3/4hp and a 1hp
Ive got about 6 weeks before i get ice here in Minnesota

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Gang,

I'm looking for opinions or reviews of the Scott Aerator Co. Dock mounted De-icer. I've got a brand new cedar topped dock in northern Wisconsin and I'm looking to try and protect it over the winter. Last year we tried putting an aerator under the dock and it didn't affect a large enough area. So we've been looking around at options. The Scott brand one caught my eye because they have an available automatic oscillator that moves the unit every couple minutes so I don't have to adjust it later. I've also owned Scott products in the past and love them, I have a DA-20 in my home pond that's been fantastic for over 6 years. So I 'm just checking to see if anyone has tried these tings out or if anyone has run into a brand they like more or may be cheaper than the Scott option.

https://midwestponds.com/products/scott-aerator-floating-de-icer-nif115v-525-nif230v-5100

/\/\ these guys are offering it with free shipping. It was the lowest price I could find and they have been good to me in the past.

Thanks for any ideas!
i found a coupon at www.weedersdigest.com 10% off of the deicer AND the rotator AND the timer AND the thermostat: the coupon they gave me is: save10ondeicers

Ask a Question