Shallow reflection pool / pond advice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
should i buy one of those kits for pools / hot tubs with ph corrector / dip tests / algaecide and chlorine, or just drop chlorine in every week and cross my fingers lol :)
not sure how anal I need to be about it - i.e. should I try and keep the chlorine to a certain ppm and ph balanced? - or is having some chlorine in there enough
Oh, start with hygienically but not "therapy-needed", anal level. Since you don't have fish, I'd see if a friendly pool supply store can point you in the right direction for a consumer-friendly pool conditioner. I think if you start off with that level/ type of conditioner and a routine of netting debris out of the water, and a weekly check of pH and pool conditioner (it's probably a people-safe algaecide). Of course, watch for green, murky, or smelly water (do you have mosquitoes where you are? watch for larvae) and react to that quickly. It's easier to stay on top of it than to fix it.
Good luck, and I'd love to hear how it's going. I love the look of your water garden.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, start with hygienically but not "therapy-needed", anal level. Since you don't have fish, I'd see if a friendly pool supply store can point you in the right direction for a consumer-friendly pool conditioner. I think if you start off with that level/ type of conditioner and a routine of netting debris out of the water, and a weekly check of pH and pool conditioner (it's probably a people-safe algaecide). Of course, watch for green, murky, or smelly water (do you have mosquitoes where you are? watch for larvae) and react to that quickly. It's easier to stay on top of it than to fix it.
Good luck, and I'd love to hear how it's going. I love the look of your water garden.
thanks for the help

I bought a Clearwater pool starter kit and I have some ph monitoring equipment from making beer.

Had a bit of trouble balancing the ph of the water - recommended dosage to raise the ph to the level require was wayyyyy too much, ended up having to put nearly the same amount in again in the opposite direction to correct it. but its sorted now.

I have just started bring the stone round and dumping it in and it looks great.

The kit comes with chlorine and a algaecide - will see how quickly the chlorine levels drop. hopefully its not too quick, otherwise I may have to devise a hidden chlorine dispenser in the corner somewhere and get tablets

Ask a Question