should I remove the rocks from the bottom of my pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My husband normally does not go in the water. But one hot summer day last year after a half gallon of margarita's he went in, put his head underwater and everything.... Yuk!

Lena, I am not sure what the purple plant is. I bought it along with some other perennials in late June to finish off the edge of the pond. I was just looking for plants, nothing specific and in late June it was slim pickings. It has done well though and is growing back nicely so it gets to stay :)

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I am with your husband on the margarita's. Not sure about the 1/2 gallon though. :beer: I think my husband would be fishing me out of the pond and not the pool.

I love all your plants around pond. The stuff Addy sent me is starting to take off and I love it. :razz:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Bingo I think you are right! They have been a good little no trouble flower. I lightly trimmed the spent blooms and it re-bloomed for me. Little to no maintenance and it died to the ground in winter but is already about 4" high and bushy green. I'd give it a 5 star rating for easyness and prettyness. :)

Reaction score
I found a pool boy, but he wasn't Rob Lowe...He was my neighbor's 8 year son, who loves feeding the fish. We were able to remove almost all of the rocks on the bottom and I was amazed at the amount of leaves and sludge I netted. The water is extremely murky still, but that is to be expected.
I did notice 2 koi jump straight out of the water. They do not appear to be flashing. Is this a mating ritual or are they just as excited as I am to have this amazing weather? (they did this BEFORE I jumped in the pond).

Reaction score
I'm not sure what those are, but I'll look it up on the internet. I hopefully have attached a picture of my murky pond, my pond boy and me today.
I'm really considering buying a UV light. It's 350.00 (ouch), but I do want to see the koi this summer.

Attachments

• sam and me.jpg
    sam and me.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 264

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pond boy needs to grow up but he is a cutie now and bet you when he gets older all the girls will be fighting over him .

Ask a Question