Sick koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If your using a dechlorinator then you shouldnt have a problem with it , it may be there was a large miss match in the temperature of the water added to the pond giving them thermal shock but it may well be the start of a parasictic attack on your koi , this is the time of year for it as we come out of winter into spring weve had temeratures ranging from 9c to 14c and back again these last few weeks , with our covers on we are at 13.c water temperature wise , without them we would be at a lower pond temperature than we would the air temperature as it is at this moment in time

Dave
It may be a combination of both. When I originally added water in my pond (because of evaporation) I didn't use the de chlorinator. Shortly afterwards is when my koi started the nose diving and rolling on side. Then someone suggestion I use
The de chlorinator. So I did. But my koi hasn't gotten any better but worse. I'm just thinking maybe they were already becoming sick and me adding the water is what pushed them over the edge.

Ask a Question