sissys pond

My pond summer and winter and plants in my filters
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
vote should I use lattice i have left for the fill in on the deck posts or should I do something else . maybe something creative .will have to clean lattice but it was left from the top of the pergolas , I have weak trees remember the movie the money pit
Lattice on joist band and run to the ground. Then install two 2x3 with balusters attached to them one on top and one on the bottom then cap with 5/4 decking cut to 4 1/2 inches.
Surround Lattice in Azek

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
oh @sissy , I'm just sick to hear about Bert and Aggie:(. I have trouble fathoming how nothing can be done, but you've said it's not enforceable in your area to keep the dog off your property.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have talked to a lawyer and I my be able to sue them for the amount the fish is worth and that is about it . Expert said aggie could be worth around 5 thousand and up . He was glad I measured her and took pics of everything including her weight and length . . I also gave him copies of the video which shows what happened and that the pond was covered at the time because of the heat we have been having . Which was almost 4 feet long and he told me not to post the pics ny where . I can't afford azek anything . It comes out to 53 dollars a 8 ft board here if you can get it and even roxul rockwool which i wanted to put in the shed is very expensive supply and demand is killing people here . I only have 3 pieces of lattice so what ever i do will be with them . I am putting steps on the one side of the deck that does not have the ramp . The deck is 4feet in depth and 10 feet long . Gas is now 3.59 a gallon anbd that was saturday so guessing it went up yet again . I was made and upset and not sure what to do anymore . I added an electric fence around the pond that I had ordered 6 weeks earlier and had to wait for it be instock . i tried every where to get it and this was the last place . Got it yesterday late and just got done installing it .It has battery back up in case power goes out so that is why it took so long to get and came with install stakes . I just hope it does not kill frogs or the turtle that hangs out around here . I just gave him lettuce and apple slices from my apple tree

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Been awhile since I have been on , Busy Busy Busy here . 48 R 30 insulation that I insatalled in my house myself and then insulated the shed and ran electric to it before the blown in insulation .It is a modular house so it has 2 sets of ceiling joists because the roof is raised with hinges 2440 sq ft of r 30 Plus I had to pick it up at lowes . Shed is almost finished . Security camera DVR went out so had to order new set up . insulated shed walls and cieling plus hung 2 medicine cabinets 1 in half bath and one it my sons bathroom had to add studs inside the walls to support them ( got them at a auction house 25 dollars each ) . Hope every ones summer has not been as much work as mine .

Attachments

• DSC05756.JPG
    DSC05756.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC05817.JPG
    DSC05817.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05793.JPG
    DSC05793.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC05499.JPG
    DSC05499.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05754 - Copy.JPG
    DSC05754 - Copy.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC05695.JPG
    DSC05695.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05644.JPG
    DSC05644.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 9

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Been awhile since I have been on , Busy Busy Busy here . 48 R 30 insulation that I insatalled in my house myself and then insulated the shed and ran electric to it before the blown in insulation .It is a modular house so it has 2 sets of ceiling joists because the roof is raised with hinges 2440 sq ft of r 30 Plus I had to pick it up at lowes . Shed is almost finished . Security camera DVR went out so had to order new set up . insulated shed walls and cieling plus hung 2 medicine cabinets 1 in half bath and one it my sons bathroom had to add studs inside the walls to support them ( got them at a auction house 25 dollars each ) . Hope every ones summer has not been as much work as mine .
Good to see you here.
Too much work for me but good for you keeping on w/all of it! You do such nice work!
My hubby is rebuilding our back deck. He's learning as he goes. Might be 10 yrs before he gets to putting on the actual top composite boards. He is a perfectionist and has to have everything just right. The builder who built the house does not seem like he was much of a perfectionist we are discovering.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why I really don't like some contractors , ( they don't care ) . . I would rather do it myself . In the attic I first sray foamed every light fixture housing and spray foamed the exhaust vents out of the roof and spary foamed every opening to the down stairs . That was easy since I had the electrical plans that norris homes sent with my house . It took me 3 days to put down all that insulation , bought it on tuesday this week and was done by wdnesday . before that sunday and monday i spray foamed . I am just as picky as your hubby but better to be picky then end up with a bad job . I even spray foamed all the steel that is run from attic to the basement . I figure I would spray foam it because I know steel gets cold . I could only do down 3 feet from above in the attic to 3 above from the basement . The rest is hidden in the walls and I could not reach it . Next I am going to add R 30 to the flloors already R 19 . I want a better rating on energy effiency . I got a B minus and I want higher . I did all the basement walls inside and outside 2 years ago . Sealed the concrete with 3 coats of drylock and insulated half of it .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That is why I really don't like some contractors , ( they don't care ) . . I would rather do it myself . In the attic I first sray foamed every light fixture housing and spray foamed the exhaust vents out of the roof and spary foamed every opening to the down stairs . That was easy since I had the electrical plans that norris homes sent with my house . It took me 3 days to put down all that insulation , bought it on tuesday this week and was done by wdnesday . before that sunday and monday i spray foamed . I am just as picky as your hubby but better to be picky then end up with a bad job . I even spray foamed all the steel that is run from attic to the basement . I figure I would spray foam it because I know steel gets cold . I could only do down 3 feet from above in the attic to 3 above from the basement . The rest is hidden in the walls and I could not reach it . Next I am going to add R 30 to the flloors already R 19 . I want a better rating on energy effiency . I got a B minus and I want higher . I did all the basement walls inside and outside 2 years ago . Sealed the concrete with 3 coats of drylock and insulated half of it .
You just keep going girl! I love seeing all your results :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
haven't updated pics f my pond , so here they are dec. 26'2023 pond ///uncle bert first then the fancy tails . Water is clear and looks great even with the weird weather we have been having 64 degrees and sunn y Christms day and rain over night and cloudy today but still 48 degrees at 7 am . It has been in the 50's during the day laately but goes down to the 20's at night . Thought I would show another solra transmission station that is not for us 600 acres of trees cut down for this one and another thousand aacres cut down for solar panels . historic log cabin found amongst trees that were cut down for solar power lines . 2 thousand acres slated to be cut down here and they started cutting last week . . 7 solar farms and the power is not for us Pretty soon VA will have no trees left to clean the air SAD SAD

Attachments

• DSC06108.JPG
    DSC06108.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC06111.JPG
    DSC06111.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC06106.JPG
    DSC06106.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC06092.JPG
    DSC06092.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC06102.JPG
    DSC06102.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC06099.JPG
    DSC06099.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC06095.JPG
    DSC06095.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 9

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
haven't updated pics f my pond , so here they are dec. 26'2023 pond ///uncle bert first then the fancy tails . Water is clear and looks great even with the weird weather we have been having 64 degrees and sunn y Christms day and rain over night and cloudy today but still 48 degrees at 7 am . It has been in the 50's during the day laately but goes down to the 20's at night . Thought I would show another solra transmission station that is not for us 600 acres of trees cut down for this one and another thousand aacres cut down for solar panels . historic log cabin found amongst trees that were cut down for solar power lines . 2 thousand acres slated to be cut down here and they started cutting last week . . 7 solar farms and the power is not for us Pretty soon VA will have no trees left to clean the air SAD SAD
If I lived closer and you were for sure giving away your fancy tailed fish I sure would take them but I don't so I lose!

We are having some nice sunshine today too so far but they say an atmospheric river is still coming again soon. Glad I live up on a big hill!

Sorry they are destroying all those treed areas for solar. Those stations are darn ugly!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to driveover to my sisters in the spring and see all the wildflowers blooming . Now all i see are solar crap . I remember picking lots of pretty wildflowers where that solar transmission station is . Gretna has a huge solar farm near my other house and on the way over there climax has a huge solar farm also . We have 3 in Axton now and 2 out in Chatham . None of them owned by American companies . More trees to be destroyed for foriegn companies . They are now taking down trees along Highway 58 also . Besides buying up 2 farms s far here

Attachments

• DSC06096.JPG
    DSC06096.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 4

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Still raining out here but temperature never got down below 50 degrees last night . But wells need it and so do plants . I bought 2 crape myrtal trees from a nieghbor that bought them and was to lazy to plant them . They have been sitting in there pots for almost 2 years so asked him and he said you want them 2 dollars . Poor things will get loved now . They are so root bound in the pots that it is pathetic . POOR POOR BABIES I cut the pots away from them and so far put them in a leaf mulch compost area until it stops raining enough to plant them

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Only solar stuff we see around our hood are the flat solar panels on roofs and in yards. I hate those big tower type ones you are getting around your area. They have them in our state also but think mostly on the eastern side.

Good for you saving those poor trees! I have added many trees to our property since we moved in here 23 yrs ago. I want more!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I need to get a pic of the solar farms in Gretna an Climax . The one here is way out in a field in a valey behind a farmhouse and you can't see it well from the road .The other ones in Axton are in areas I don't know . Axton is a huge area of Pittsylvania county . The transmission stations when you go them cause your radio in your vehicle go nuts and your cell phone gets screwed up every time you go by the huge transmittion stations . People that live near it tell me they can't even get tv RECEPTION . Even direct and dish tv and an antenae does not even work .What gets me there was never even a meeting to say we did not want this . Our county is run by a bunch of money grubbing democrats . I sent pics to Governor Youngkin and hoping he can look into this .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I need to get a pic of the solar farms in Gretna an Climax . The one here is way out in a field in a valey behind a farmhouse and you can't see it well from the road .The other ones in Axton are in areas I don't know . Axton is a huge area of Pittsylvania county . The transmission stations when you go them cause your radio in your vehicle go nuts and your cell phone gets screwed up every time you go by the huge transmittion stations . People that live near it tell me they can't even get tv RECEPTION . Even direct and dish tv and an antenae does not even work .What gets me there was never even a meeting to say we did not want this . Our county is run by a bunch of money grubbing democrats . I sent pics to Governor Youngkin and hoping he can look into this .
At least you can't see those beasts from your home..............yet!

Ask a Question