sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
snake wrangler anyone .I have not seen any since being bitten 2 times here .I grew up oin a farm and was never bitten in NJ and retire to VA and 2 times .Lucky they were non poisonous but it still hurt bad and swelled up bad

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a snake, once in the pond, never saw it in the pond again. No sign that it has snacked on the fish, but I don't keep a good count on them.
You could catch and release out in the wild, sounds like some babies are enjoying the pond.

I have just picked them up, with good gloves on, put in a pillow case and move. Not here, but in the past. Here I just let them live where they want to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I don't want to hurt them, just a little concerned at how many I saw. Hoping Mother Nature balances things, as I love my frogs, dragon flies, butter flies and koi, too.

Last night, we thinned out the liriope and water celery, which had grown thick around the pond. My koi and other pond life, LOVED the water celery this year....but having so much of it, creates good hiding spots for the snakes.

Cooler weather has arrived this morning, so imagine we won't see too many now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
Those two Baby Grass Snakes I captured back in June were my only visitors this Summer. I don't believe in relocating Snakes, Snakes relocate themselves when the conditions change. Snakes don't tolerate people unless they are starving to death, if you visit your pond more frequent they will move on somewhere that isn't visited so often. I had a 6 footer in my pond years ago, it fwightened the life out of me, the hose pipe started looking like a Snake, also the garden rake, never seen such a large Snake. Even started dreaming about the Snake, then I got used to it and the Snake got used to me, my fears vanished over night. Once I was sitting by the pond with my camera all set up and I felt a faint nudge on my foot, I looked down and there was the Snake slithering alongside my shoe, a memory I will never forget.

Ask a Question