So excited - we've got babies!

Reaction score
We just got our pond going in early May and added a few goldfish (3 comets and a shebunkin) and a couple young koi. About a month later a friend brought me two more comets from her pond as a "pond warming present" and it helped her thin her numbers a bit too. Last week I noticed one small (~3/4") brown goldfish swimming tentatively behind the rest of my gang. This weekend I saw him again along with another smaller brown baby and two TINY calico looking babies! All I can assume is that the two gift fish were carrying eggs when I got them and we've now had two broods hatch. I'm all excited and can't stop watching them - I just hope they make it although I realize the odds might be against them (but they made it this long so I'm hopeful). Hubby's laughing at me and says soon I'll have more fish than I know what to do with before I know it and I'll be begging other people to take them. :)
Beth

Reaction score
I was excited when I saw my 1st fry too. I now have to give away comets. I swear they are worse then rabbits

Ask a Question