Speaking of Birds Who Eat Fish

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I thought you all would like this. This is a friend of mine in FL. He fishes out back of his place and has made friends with a heron who comes back every year. Begs at the sliding glass door for him to go out and fish. Then hangs out for the freebies...

The birds name is Birdly :)

birdly_zpsacc41157.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
sissy said:
maybe he was waiting for them to catch his dinner
That is exactly what he was doing and my friend obliges. My friend actually sits and fishies for hours only to give his catch to Birdly and the snakes he has made friends with :)

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
That's cool! Nice to see somebody get along with them I guess. I have a feeling most people here wouldn't be so inviting to one...:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Neo said:
That's cool! Nice to see somebody get along with them I guess. I have a feeling most people here wouldn't be so inviting to one... :)

Yep. He does not have a pond only an inlet from the gulf out back of his house so it is easier for him to make friends with Birdley. My friend said he and his wife will be in the kitchen and Birdley will stand at his back sliding glass door just staring at him LOL as if to say "get out here and feed me!" LOL

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's a nice story.

I like birds a lot, and the ONLY reason for not wanting cranes/herons around, is the pond. Oh well, gotta make sacrifices somewhere!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Really neat! I would gladly feed the heron if it would leave the pond alone, it bails the second it sees anybody.

Ask a Question