speaking of winterizing...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Right up until you are trying to snowblow through a 4 foot drift in your driveway... then you'll be angry that you ever wished for the cool weather.

I'm the type that loves the 4 seasons. I like the ungodly heat in Summer and the bitter cold in Winter. Snow is so pretty.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh snow is pretty until you have to shovel it .The heat and lack of rain this summer was bad .Ididn'tdoit your pond is looking good and like the idea of being able to sit on the swing to enjoy it

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i would be happy if it just snowed on Christmas eve ...stayed for Christmas,and melted away the day after...75* during the day and 68* at night the rest of the year!! no heat or air conditioning bills!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
i would be happy if it just snowed on Christmas eve ...stayed for Christmas,and melted away the day after...75* during the day and 68* at night the rest of the year!! no heat or air conditioning bills!!!

But, you would have to take time away from opening presents and eating to hurry up and build a snowman if it only lasted one day.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i really dont think missing out on a snowman would upset me much....the kids in the family can make one...theyre all here on holidays anyways!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's pretty much the way it is here. We might, might I tell you get some snow during the winter but it does not ever last very long at all and we are all ready for it to leave when it gets all mucked up and dirty looking.................everyone but me that is,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I LOVE SNOW!!!

dancing20snowman.gif
snow-1.gif
snowguy.gif

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I like the first snowfall of the year after that I could care less. Would like to move some place south where it doesn't stay cold for so long.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'd like to move to maybe northern California if I could get a decent sized piece of property not too far from the ocean. Can't live on the beach tho cuz too much salt and will wreck everything. I could never get used to the heat and humidity back in the south or mid-west. Been here most all my life except for 2 years in Michigan. Only liked it back there in the Spring and Fall. Too cold in winter and too hot and humid in Summer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thats why I like it here still weather changes .There is a house here that I just told a friend about 5 acres house is 1700 sq.ft. and 31 thousand and taxes are 288 a year and realtor told me all offers considered as it has to be sold ,problem is there are a lot of houses here priced even lower ,just may have less land ,some don't want that much land

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
But sissy you still have that high humidity that I can't handle and all those poisonous creatures that will bite me to death,lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But sissy you still have that high humidity that I can't handle and all those poisonous creatures that will bite me to death,lol!

You wimp! geez jw.............
I love the seasons, was tired of the heat of arizona.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well don't want the heat of Arizona for sure! But don't want the humidity either in the south. Guess I'm stuck here w/ my rain and no deathly critters. I can visit the warmth.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we only get a small frame of high humidity and most critters that bite I keep away from my house with borax or mothballs .Every state that has hotter temps is going to have something better than some states for biting critters

Ask a Question