j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Our rain was last weekend, along with some horrible wind AGAIN!!!

luckily, my tall plants didnt get taken out this time, surprising since my cannas are over 6 feet tall.

unluckily, one of my tress didnt fair so well in the wind. and neither did the fence when the tree hit it :)

bonfire anyone?

View attachment 38253
View attachment 38252
View attachment 38251
View attachment 38254

Oh that looks like nice firewood. If it happens here it goes into our woodshed for firewood. Good that it landed where it did for sure!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Got warm yesterday (80's) after a couple day cool off here but today is in the 70's with a nice breeze and suppose to cool down the next two in the 60's then back up in the 70's. Not bad for Nebraska in the fall...depressing though I don't know where summer went! Trying to find a cheep fish tank to winter our 5 fish in and will probably empty out the pond next month... :( and bring in plants to winter too... :( Just when everything is growing so well darnit!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
80's and 90's here but they say it will get down to 70 by this friday as a cold front from Canada comes down .Leaves here do not start to turn until late October most times .But you never know since last winter and all this strange weather .I hope we get a mild winter all around and none of that freaky weather from last year .Last winter was the coldest we ever had here and the most snow we ever had ,no repeats please

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We lost our sunny warm weather and went straight into fall now. Gray skies right now and only in the 60's. Sissy I hear we are supposed to get the same weather pattern as last year again...........El or La ninio or ninia or whatever they call it. Cold wet,snowy weather.............yucky! Don't get me wrong I do like the snow just not the cold, cold that comes around. I'll just be running my bubblers and air pump to keep the water open and maybe the falls, still not sure if I want to do that or not. Worried about chilling the fish :cold:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well that last 2 years have been the pits here and we usually do not get that cold ,at least not since I have been down here .# years ago Christmas was 70 degrees and so was New Years ,Here they tell me it usually does not get below 30 degrees until January .I hope there wrong and we all get a milder winter and no days below 10 degrees

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me too sissy don't like -6F temps at all even if it was only for a few days at a time!

Reaction score
We had deep snow on the ground all Winter last year.....that doesn't happen very often. It was kind of funny, though cause we have 5 relatives that moved in with us last summer and they had never seen snow before.......LOL I don't think they are looking forward to it this year!!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I'll have to get some new ones this weekend, I havent taken any pictures of the pond for a few weeks.

I just realized i STILL haven't taken any new pictures of the pond lately, but here is the last one i posted, the cannas are over the 6 ft fence, and theyve even gotten taller since this picture was taken. And the elephant ear is MUCH bigger than that now.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ididntdoit is your elephant ear in the water or in the dirt behind the pond. They do extremely well if you stick them in the pond, I just stick mine between rocks and they are all about 4' tall with huge leaves. Mine also seem to produce more off shoots in the water than land.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those plants are getting big and looking great. Love the color of that Canna. Do you take it inside in the winter?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, love the big plants you have, my elephant ears are large but not that large.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
ididntdoit is your elephant ear in the water or in the dirt behind the pond. They do extremely well if you stick them in the pond, I just stick mine between rocks and they are all about 4' tall with huge leaves. Mine also seem to produce more off shoots in the water than land.
They are in the dirt behind the pond, but thats the lowest side of the pond, so everything runs off that way and stay pretty wet.

Very nice, love the big plants you have, my elephant ears are large but not that large.

Thanks! they are actually probably twice that size now, and I planted the elephant ear WAY late, after my cannas were a couple feet tall. There was supposed to be another canna righ tthere in the middle, but somehow it grew sidesway and came up on the other side of the fence, so then i decided to plant that elephant ear.

Those plants are getting big and looking great. Love the color of that Canna. Do you take it inside in the winter?

Yes i have to dig the bulbs and and throw them in a plastic bag in the basement during the winter. Kind of a pain, thats why there is only three bulbs. Didnt want to have too much work.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
our 10 day forecast says Tuesday will be a high of 72*....thats the warmest temp we have to look forward to...one day in the 70s...dont know if my guys will be outside at the end of the month....Michigan weather sucks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
our 10 day forecast says Tuesday will be a high of 72*....thats the warmest temp we have to look forward to...one day in the 70s...dont know if my guys will be outside at the end of the month....Michigan weather sucks!

By thursday we are back up to 80 or so they say. The temp is going to bounce for a while, then climb back up.

Ask a Question