sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It always looks good ,and I'm jealous .I have the hill in front but to big a project for me .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That pink water lily is really pretty, well actually they all are but that one is my favorite pic of those! LOL How is the little night bloomer doing? I hope you get to enjoy at least a few blooms from it this year!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
That pink water lily is really pretty, well actually they all are but that one is my favorite pic of those! LOL How is the little night bloomer doing? I hope you get to enjoy at least a few blooms from it this year!

It is growing leaves, the few tropical's i have are put-zing along, a few leaves, small leaves, but will see. Still got some good hot weather coming lol

that lily is a pinkish coral in real life. No clue what kind. Need to ask the gal that sent me some last year. It has a bunch of buds coming up, not leaf heavy like the redder ones.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
here are some of my flowers that haven't been cooked by the heat.
#1 hydrangia
#2 lotus
#3 &4 asaiatic lilies

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 151

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful plants mrsclem! I have a Hydrangea that leafs out every year and then winter comes and freezes it to the ground and never gets blooms. I guess it's the wrong kind for this area. I have Asiatic lilies too but they are not in bloom yet. Late Spring here but finally today was really warm........for here anyways :rolleyes:
Love that Lotus :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
beautiful mrs clem! Is that your seed lotus blooming?
All the day lilies around the neighborhood and along streets are blooming. That was our first bloom. No clue why ours are behind in time lol. But got a bunch ready to open.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I lost all the seedling lotus I had. I think they froze under the deck. I had a pot up front that was doing really well and then I gave it some miracle grow and killed it! I'm so upset! At least I still have 4 others. I even took one and a water lily and just threw the roots into the salad bar box. Both seem to be doing well. I have seen a lily bud so maybe you can have koi and plants!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You can have koi and plants, you just have to prepare for what will happen, Koi will dig, to avoid this place lava rock or 3-4" pebbles on top to keep them from digging, marginal plants do better than lilys. and tender plants. Taro's, Iris, pickerel rush, thalia's, Papyrus all do very well with Koi, Small koi aren't too bad, I have kept lilys, and lotus with them but as the koi get larger they like to eat the new shoots, I've found that others are using netting with floating rings and it seems to keep the bigger koi out. So far I haven't had to do that but I've seen Big Koi and lily's so I'm still going to keep trying as long as I can get away with it. the one important thing though is give them something they can eat, I use water lettuce, I can grow some in one container and as it needs thinning out put it in the koi area, they love eating the roots, they love azzola and duck weed, If you have a skimmer these are a little of a pain to keep out but if you have a calm area and they are eating well they will eat most before it gets there. Mine also love canned green beans, baby lesuear english peas, oranges, limes and other fruits with seeds removed. They are pigs! I wonder sometimes if giving them these help fill their need for the plants???? Not sure on that one.:)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Attachments

• DSC01743.jpg
    DSC01743.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 168