j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The bunnies here don't do much damage.......but the deer were naughty a couple days ago. They ate a lot of the leaves off the young cherry tree we planted a couple yrs ago. Actually most of the leaves were torn off and left on the ground and one branch almost broken off. They only bothered the lower half of the tree cuz they couldn't get to the top. Now I have put old shiny C.D's hanging in the tree hoping that may discourage them. They like my Heuchera plants too.........ate one down to the nubs and just ate some leaves off some of the others. Also sampled the plum tree but that's a bit too tall for them even if they stand on their back legs which they will do. They left their hoof prints as evidence of the crimes :lol:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
my word your pond plants look as if they should be from a fairytale! Absolutely gorgeous! I finally lowered my one lilly plant pot to about 18 inches and it took off like a rocket growing more leaves..sure hope it blooms!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
rebelangel_3733 said:
my word your pond plants look as if they should be from a fairytale! Absolutely gorgeous! I finally lowered my one lilly plant pot to about 18 inches and it took off like a rocket growing more leaves..sure hope it blooms!

thanks, give it some lily tabs, or tomato sticks. When I potted mine I used kitty litter clay with around 1/4 cup of osmocote, no koi, the osmocote has not caused any algae issues in my pond.

Every now and then I add a lily tab, no real set schedule, sort of when I remember...........lol

This is a georgia peach, I just counted 8 buds above water surface and around 6 below water surface. It was a small starter from a friend at the beginning of this year.
And we are leaving town..............darn.................lol

View attachment 6491

and so excited! saw a beautiful black snake, no where close to the pond.

View attachment 6493

The yellow finches are loving the sunflowers

View attachment 6494

new lotus bud today

View attachment 6495

The day lilies are going crazy now

View attachment 6496

Attachments

• DSC01810.jpg
    DSC01810.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC01809.jpg
    DSC01809.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC01803.jpg
    DSC01803.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC01795.jpg
    DSC01795.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC01798.jpg
    DSC01798.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think my goldfish are munching on my lilies for that matter...for some reason the leaves get ripped/split, but it still grows new ones now that I put it deeper in the pond so guess I'll wait and see if that continues.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are way ahead of us here w/ all your blooms. Everything is just getting started here now. My Day lilies and Asiatic lilies have buds and so do the water lilies so they are coming along slowly anyways :rolleyes:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh and I forgot I saw a yellow and black striped butterfly and guess what........................there is a little tiny frog croaking by my pond today :rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
First yellow bloom

View attachment 6538

This is the georgia peach, the pink ones earlier in the thread are calorado

View attachment 6539

One of the bulbs I planted a few years ago, they are popping up here and there on the slope. This is the first to bloom.

Crocosmia Lucifer

View attachment 6540

Attachments

• DSC01825.jpg
    DSC01825.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC01827.jpg
    DSC01827.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01829.jpg
    DSC01829.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 128

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wish I could send you a couple thousand tadpoles I got .There are to many took some down to the creek to set them free

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have lot's of pretty lilies........love all the colors. I had the crocosmia but dug it up and gave it away cuz it took over the flower bed I had. I guess I don't want plants that take over cuz I don't have ton's of room like you do. You can pretty much let everything do what it wants w/ all that property and the way you have it planted :squint:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
so it spreads? I was wondering where the new ones came from.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh it spreads big time but you prolly wouldn't mind it if you put it in a large area where it can do that w/o infringing too much on other plants. I just didn't have room for it all in this one bed and I'm a lazy gardener. I like stuff to behave itself and not try to take over the whole place or it goes off to the corner of the road w/ a free sign pinned on it :rolleyes:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Oh it spreads big time but you prolly wouldn't mind it if you put it in a large area where it can do that w/o infringing too much on other plants. I just didn't have room for it all in this one bed and I'm a lazy gardener. I like stuff to behave itself and not try to take over the whole place or it goes off to the corner of the road w/ a free sign pinned on it :rolleyes:

lol jw is the reason I only put in perennials, lazy gardener. don't want the hassle of redoing plants in the spring every year.

There is lots of room for it to go where it wants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
significant other brought home some tadpoles from a friends new pond...problem is the last bluegill the kid put in my pond ate them! needless to say the bluegill found a short life span...but on the up side I got 6 new fish today...white and gold and two all gold goldies and they are already at least 5 inches long and gorgeous! I lost two of my fish somehow somewhere over the weekend while we were camping...so my daughters cat found a new home with my other daughter out in the country...hoping he was the culprit as there are 3 other neighborhood stray cats that might find themselves out there too if I miss anymore fish!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I gave a friend 10 pretty fry, did not know he had a blue gill, it ate two of them immediately. Blue gill is back where it belongs,he said. i.e. out of the pond.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
These Black eyed susans grew on their own out of a rock by the falls. Some seeds must have landed on the rock and sprouted. It was there last year, just a lot smaller, I didnt' think it would come back this year, it did and has grown 3x the size. I am thinking I will plant some in my creek and see what happens.

Attachments

• P1020916.jpg
    P1020916.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 168

Ask a Question