sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess if you took the cemetery ones in the sun they would have not been as dramatic as with the storm clouds .Gosh that place has some nice water gardens to see

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
addy1 said:
It is so vibrant, the picture does not do it justice. I will watch for starts, this is its first bloom and it only has maybe 7 leaves.

I like hardies! lol, stick them in the pond they make the winter here
hardies don't do as well here for some reason. I think it's actually the heat. I have a couple and the only one that really does much is the white one, I don't care for white that much but it does give a intersting contrast. My firend found it in the wild and got me a start when we took his pond down for the move, so freebies seem to do better than the paid for ones! LOl

sissy said:
great pics with your new camera and love those pomegranits and the girl holding the dish with the bird is my fav .The pics of the cemetary with the storm coming in makes it look even more erie and fascinating
With the storm coming it did give it a erie feeling and the contast went well with the pic. That pomegrante almost got picked! LOL I have one that is about five years old and I can't get it to fruit. I get lots of blooms and they are so pretty when they bloom but I have yet to get a single fruit.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yeah but you all have tropicals that are just beautiful

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
sissy said:
I love pomis and I would have picked it .

I didn't take a pic of the big sign that said do not disturb, property of the New Orleans plant society right in the front of the plant. LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Attachments

• DSC02030.jpg
    DSC02030.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC02035.jpg
    DSC02035.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC02044.jpg
    DSC02044.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC02043.jpg
    DSC02043.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC02033.jpg
    DSC02033.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 149

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy, Nice pics! take a close up of the flower and then blow it up. The detail in that flower is amazing.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You know I have had one bloom on all the hyacinth plants I have and some are huge plants, not sure what's going on.

Those are nice pics.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
These are all shoved together in one of my small stream ponds, very tight fit for them. I think they like being crowded and they are crowded in that pond. The ones in my big pond are healthy and they have had one bloom, no more so far.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeah I have noticed that the ones in the creeks seem to do a lot better crowded together and that is where I got the one and only bloom. I throw the ones from the creek into the pond when it gets too crowded and those are the ones that also get eaten by the koi.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I like that second pic! That one pedal of the flower is just so bursting with detail and the color contrast is breath taking. To me that one pedal can rival about any other flower produced, period.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those plants are so pretty. Too bad they don't like it here one bit! Do they smell good too?
I just love them to death and they love it at your place addy. Imagine what a whole lake of those blooming looks like. My neighbor from Florida asked me the one time I bought one and it died, why in the world would you want to put those devils into your pond? I guess they are considered quite invasive where ever they can over winter.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
To me a light sweet scent. My whole yard smells, so sometimes hard to tell what is smelling so good.

Yeah I can see them taking over, btw now have 4 water lettuce, all only 2 inches or so in size lol

Ask a Question