that was fast

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I had it in about 10-15 minutes before I started putting the WL with the eggs on them in the container. I think the male may have been female? I don't think that got fertilized, I may should have waited longer to start trying to gather some of the eggs.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The male body is narrow and torpedo shaped, the female has a bulge on the sides and is more round. Some males are fat and (due to overfeeding) and can be mistaken for female.
I just put a pair on Craigs List where the male almost could be mistaken for a female.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
These are all about the same except the black one, that fish is 6-8 years old and I don't even know if it can breed anymore. They are goldies, If they do they do if they don't they don't, I have one butterfly Koi I'm fairly certain is a female, She's quite larger from shouder back, she tends to take more toward female body shape, But with the butterfly's it's harder to tell than the regular ones, and you know how hard they are to pick out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol koiguy! quit putting love hormones in the pond!

Ask a Question