The best time of the year...

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I don't know if anyone else ever feels this but our family always feels that the best time of the year is this season.

First of all, 3 of our 4 family members have birthdays around this time, but that's a personal reason.

Apart from that, this season is the the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the year. First we have Halloween (always fun for young or old), which is like Friday. Then we Thanksgiving with all the family, eating and football which is like Saturday. Lastly we have Christmas with all the snow, cold weather, warm clothes, fire in fireplaces and Christmas trees and presents, which is like Sunday.

Monday is like after the new year, when the holiday season is over and we have to go back to work. What do you guys think?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It's turning in to my favorite season also.
I can get a lot more things done with out getting hot.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I love this time of year too! Except I hate to cook but love the getting together of the family and eating all the yummy food that we all make and bring to our gatherings. Now about the snow ( I wish every year for a white Christmas) John we don't get that very often around Christmas time here. I don't know exactly where you live here in Washington but maybe you live closer to the mountains?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Near Seattle. We get 1-2 weeks a year if we get snow, which is just perfect. The coldest year in memory I think was in 1982 when we had snow twice that year and snow/ice on the ground for about 6 months.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lived in Seattle for 25yrs or so and then kept moving further north till we hit Arlington. We were in Michigan from July 1981 to July 1983 so missed that ice age you guys had. But believe me we don't get any snow here like they do in Michigan. That first winter we were there we got several feet of snow and it lasted forever. They announced on the radio for everyone to stay off the roads unless extreme emergency. We had to learn the procedure on shoveling snow there. We lived on a main road in Pontiac and we shoveled all the snow off our sidewalks the night before and woke up and found that the snow plow had come by and shoveled all that darn snow right back where it was! And it was beautiful there when it snowed but you couldn't last out there for a nice walk more that 2 minutes. Now what good is that kind of snowfall, I say?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Tis the season of war and fights around here. Money, birthdays, stressing over lack of work, taking down decorations to put up more decorations, shopping, everyone getting in debt and trying to make everyone else happy while making ourselves miserable. never any snow, usually cold wet, raining, and about the best thing is 15 people all trying to get to the fireplace to burn marshmallows.
I'm probably the absolute BIGGEST Grinch/Scrooge come this time of year! Always giving in to see the smiles when Christmas morning arrives, Personally I would like to just spend the day remembering why and truly what the Holidays are all about in the first place.
To me it's not about any of the above, It should truly be about the celebration and being Thankful for the Birth of Jesus and Our gift from Christ.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't decorate any more .No stress but miss Christmas morning and other holidays with my sons .We have 15 with birthdays in November nieces ,nephews ,sister and brothers and some of there hubbies and wives and mine son was born on the 5th .I use to love the holidays but this year there will be a lot of people missing from the table ,just there memories on the signed table cloth to remember them .Coldest winter was 2010 here .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We spend the holidays, usually just with ourselves, love it that way. Peaceful, no stress.

Ask a Question