THE BUTTERFLY KOI STORY...

Reaction score
Nice to see you posting on here, RSFish! I have given your code name to others on here, one in particular in Indiana. I assume you have seen other posts I have made of the fish I purchased from you last year? They are all doing great! One has lost it's red, but the others are just as vibrant as when I purchased them. I'm well pleased! Shamu continues to be the pond favorite, probably because he is the largest of my koi. He was the one you said jumped out of the pond or somehow got hurt before I purchased him. You called him a survivor. :)
Yeah i try to follow along as I can. My real job keeps me pretty busy. I am so glad the koi are doing well for you. The planned spawn I did this year was all butterfly parents. Many are starting out dark. But knowing their parents, they will probably start dark and as they get bigger the orange/red will come in so they start looking like their Hi Shusui and Kikokuryu parents. But there was also a Shiro and Beko LF in there. I will attach a couple pics of the parents.

And every year there seems to be a couple of jumpers in the group. Once they get bigger they seem to calm down. But some of those youngsters can really fly.

Attachments

• Butterfly1.JPG
    Butterfly1.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 269
  • New Butterfly.JPG
    New Butterfly.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Butterfly2.JPG
    Butterfly2.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful pics, Randy! Really like the last one especially. I sent you some pics of my koi I got from you last year. Doesn't seem like I have only had them a little over a year. I remember I came to buy them on 4th of July weekend. They have all grown a LOT and all are doing very well.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Nice koi pictures, good thread, lots of pictures, I like butterfly koi, I think one of my koi is a butterfly koi.... not sure though, has kinda long fins and tail... she's one of my favorites!

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG0700.jpg
    IMAG0700.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 268
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful koi, Colleen! Her pectoral and dorsal fins sure look butterfly, but the tail doesn't seem longer than normal. I suspect it's the angle the tail was in the last pic. Either way, that koi has gorgeous markings, I love it!

Ask a Question